Fox Soccer HD content question

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Are there any true HD games on this channel or do they just upconvert 480i to 1080i? In praticular, will Manchester United vs AC Milan and Real Madrid vs Olympique Lyonnais matches be in HD today?

They will be HD, UEFA mandates that all their competitions are done in HD, the problem is nobody carries FSC Plus in HD yet so only the games on FSC HD are HD, so after the Manu game they will replay the Real game in HD

FSC HD
...2:45pm Manchester United v AC Milan **LIVE**

FSC Plus HD
..2:45pm Real Madrid v Olympique Lyon **LIVE**

Are there any true HD games on this channel or do they just upconvert 480i to 1080i? In praticular, will Manchester United vs AC Milan and Real Madrid vs Olympique Lyonnais matches be in HD today?

Even those games that do not originate from Europe in HD come as 16x9 576i, rather than the 4x3 480i of the US's SD broadcasts.

So, all programming on FSC-HD that originates from Europe is 16x9 and is significantly better PQ than US SD channels.

And, all programming that is created by FSC-HD , such as its pre-game shows, Fox Football Fone-In, and so forth, are all shot in true HD in their Los Angeles studios.

Particularly good are the Highlights Shows, such as Premier League Review Show and UEFA Champions League Highlights Show, which are both in true HD (although the PL show sometimes has some upconverted highlights where the HD was not available).

The only two shows which are 4x3 are:

- Sky Sports News from the UK, because Sky is still working on their new HD facility

- Fox Soccer Report from Canada, because Global does not have an HD uplink facility, even though their cameras are HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)