Fox Soccer Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DLCPhoto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I am considering switching from TWC to Dish, and doing my homework to make sure I understand what I would or wouldn't be getting, and avoid unwelcome surprises.

The Top 250 would give me pretty much the same channel selection as what I current have with TWC, with 2 exceptions: Fox Soccer Plus and Universal Sports. My wife is an avid Premiere League Soccer fan, and keeping Fox Soccer Plus is a requirement. Universal Sports often carries various Volleyball matches, which I'd like to keep if at all possible. As far as I can see, neither is included in the Top 250.

The only way I've found so far to get Fox Soccer Plus is the $15/month add-on, which seems incredibly high for a single channel. Currently, with TWC, I pay $8.99 for their "Sports Pass" which includes Fox Soccer Plus, Universal Sports, Fox College Sports (Central, Atlantic, Pacific), BeIN Sport, all in HD, and about a dozen or more channels I don't really care about.

I've been working through a Windstream guy, since I would be switching all 3 services if I do this, and he's supposed to be checking on my options, but after spending a couple of days here, and seeing the wealth of knowledge available, thought I'd see what I could find out here.

Does anybody see any way to get Fox Soccer Plus (HD), and hopefully Universal Sports, without adding an exorbitant $15/month to my bill (which could be a deal breaker for the entire thing). It's just too much for one single channel, and I would end up spending more than I am now with TWC.

Any information, advice, suggestions appreciated.

Don

Thanks for the quick reply - seriously, what took you so long?;)

And I was afraid that might be the answer. Any chance they'd make some kind of adjustment in order to get a new customer and 2 years of business, if I contacted them directly?

Don

I may have misspoken. I think you're right about Premiere League. It seems that the UEFA Champions League, which she also watches, is only on FS+, although I'm not certain of that. I'm trying to figure out if there are games/leagues that she wants that are on FS+ only, and not also carried on other channels.

Is anybody certain about which games/leagues are carried on FS+ alone, and not anywhere else (NBCSN, CBSSN, FS1, FS2, ESPN/2, etc.)??

English Premier League is carried by NBC Sports
Spain and Italian Leagues are on Bein Sports
Fox Sports 1 and 2 carry Champions league with Fox Soccer Plus used as a carry over channel. However, ESPN3 is also carrying many Champions League games this season, so if you have a smart device with Watch ESPN App you're all set.

All channels above are included with Dish's top tier

ESPN also carries Euro qualifying matches and international matches

I'm an avid soccer fan and find no need for Fox Soccer Plus

Reactions: DLCPhoto
Once again, I think you may be right. I had my wife recheck channel listings, and games/leagues she's interested in, and she came back and told me that FS1 and FS2 seem to give her what she needs.

That would certainly simplify things for us!

Reactions: milequatro
I am considering switching from TWC to Dish, and doing my homework to make sure I understand what I would or wouldn't be getting, and avoid unwelcome surprises.

The Top 250 would give me pretty much the same channel selection as what I current have with TWC, with 2 exceptions: Fox Soccer Plus and Universal Sports. My wife is an avid Premiere League Soccer fan, and keeping Fox Soccer Plus is a requirement. Universal Sports often carries various Volleyball matches, which I'd like to keep if at all possible. As far as I can see, neither is included in the Top 250.

The only way I've found so far to get Fox Soccer Plus is the $15/month add-on, which seems incredibly high for a single channel. Currently, with TWC, I pay $8.99 for their "Sports Pass" which includes Fox Soccer Plus, Universal Sports, Fox College Sports (Central, Atlantic, Pacific), BeIN Sport, all in HD, and about a dozen or more channels I don't really care about.

I've been working through a Windstream guy, since I would be switching all 3 services if I do this, and he's supposed to be checking on my options, but after spending a couple of days here, and seeing the wealth of knowledge available, thought I'd see what I could find out here.

Does anybody see any way to get Fox Soccer Plus (HD), and hopefully Universal Sports, without adding an exorbitant $15/month to my bill (which could be a deal breaker for the entire thing). It's just too much for one single channel, and I would end up spending more than I am now with TWC.

Any information, advice, suggestions appreciated.

Don
Universal Sports is in the multisport package I do believe which you'll have for free with your promos and can regularly get 1/2 if you so desire.

Honestly, FS+ is useless now with EPL gone to NBCSN and the rest of the soccer coverage on FS1/FS2 or BeIN.

FS+ carries mostly the Scottish league and rugby at this point I believe with Australia being on FS2.

If you are in need of a referral code and found my post useful please PM me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

milequatro - thanks again! She's downloading it now. Looks like an awesome app.

Deadlocked - thanks to you as well. Yes, I saw Universal Sports in that package, so can check it out until 12/31 if we go ahead. I appreciate your offer as well, and if I decide to pull the trigger, may take you up on it. We head out of town for 10 days on Thursday, and will try to decide while we're away.

What an awesome forum this place is. I'm also tempted to go with Dish so I'd have more reason to hang around here!

Don

P.S., milequatro - my wife said to thank you for letting us know about that app - she says it's just perfect, and makes it *so* much easier to figure out what's on, when, and where.

The next step, that would be really cool, would be to enable it to access your Dish DVR, and simply click on a given game/channel, and have it set your DVR to record it!

Reactions: milequatro
You can find the channel and go to the dishanywhere app and set up recordings from there. So if you aren't home, you can still access your recordings. If you get the hopper you can also watch from the same app. FYIFYI

milequatro - thanks again! She's downloading it now. Looks like an awesome app.

Deadlocked - thanks to you as well. Yes, I saw Universal Sports in that package, so can check it out until 12/31 if we go ahead. I appreciate your offer as well, and if I decide to pull the trigger, may take you up on it. We head out of town for 10 days on Thursday, and will try to decide while we're away.

What an awesome forum this place is. I'm also tempted to go with Dish so I'd have more reason to hang around here!

Don

Just shoot me a PM (and to be safe make note you did in here since I visit exclusively from Tapatalk) if you do!

Also, if you get the Hopper you can use the DishAnywhere app to watch live tv anywhere you are (esp if you travel a lot)

And yes this is the best community and if you do get Dish ALWAYS post here after simple DIY troubleshooting. Between experienced users like myself, retailers, techs,a guy on the inside, and DIRT we can help you usually within a couple hours at most.

Thanks again, guys.

Yes, the Dish Anywhere app and the built-in Sling along with the Hopper's other capabilities, are among the primary reasons I'm considering the switch. TWC does have its app as well, but I can't watch my recordings, and if I'm away from the home network, the selection of available channels to watch is quite restricted.
You can find the channel and go to the dishanywhere app and set up recordings from there. So if you aren't home, you can still access your recordings. If you get the hopper you can also watch from the same app. FYIFYI
Yes, that will get me there, but having this built-in to the Soccer app itself would put it over the top. Kind of like with Flixster - I have it hooked up with my Netflix account, so if I find a movie that I'd like to see, it'll show if it's available on Netflix, and I can add it to my Queue from directly within that app.

This app looks sorta new by the 1.x version number so maybe if we show Dish the app that may explore integration.

That would be great: win-win for everybody. Great functionality for users, and good for promotions by Dish. Heck I'd even pay a few bucks for an app that did that!

But I hereby claim 15% of any net profits from this idea!:devilish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts