fox sports dispute

That sounds more like a state by state tax code, which Dish wouldn’t be in control of.
That is correct. I was speaking more to your point about how Dish apparently found it easier to implement one national price for the package (regardless of whether the fee and corresponding tax actually applies in your state) rather than customize the billing for each state to itemize this and reflect it on the bill. On the other hand, there are states with some other additional taxes that Dish does feel the need to itemize on the bill as a surcharge. Unfortunately, Ohio is one of those states, although our surcharge is one of the lowest among states that have such a surcharge on the Dish bill.

Not that this means anything and it probably doesn't but CSR's started telling customers that FSN is coming back soon. It's CSR's which means it may be BS, but that's what they've told multiple customers today

Not that this means anything and it probably doesn't but CSR's started telling customers that FSN is coming back soon. It's CSR's which means it may be BS, but that's what they've told multiple customers today

Try doing a chat with sales on dish.com I got a pop up a few weeks ago while looking up a few packages for a customer we where switching over.

When they asked what my favorite channels where, I said HBO and Fox Sports Detroit.

They insisted they had Fox Sports Detroit, and then tried to dance around the HBO issue.

I wonder if customers are being properly disclosed they can’t get HBO or Fox Sports Detroit?

Or is this a case of Don’t ask, don’t tell.

Reactions: AZ. and pattykay
Try doing a chat with sales on dish.com I got a pop up a few weeks ago while looking up a few packages for a customer we where switching over.

When they asked what my favorite channels where, I said HBO and Fox Sports Detroit.

They insisted they had Fox Sports Detroit, and then tried to dance around the HBO issue.

I wonder if customers are being properly disclosed they can’t get HBO or Fox Sports Detroit?

Or is this a case of Don’t ask, don’t tell.
Well, my recent customers knew about FSN (Cards fans weren't happy, but weren't forward with the install appt anyway) and HBO. This is the first time I've heard of CSR's telling people they're coming back. And trust me, I take anything they say with a grain of salt

Reactions: charlesrshell
I knew it! I knew that all I had to do was start a debate in the Fox Sports Dispute thread about the fees and taxes that apply to the Dish bill in different states, and that would annoy Dish so much that they would immediately strike a deal to return the FSN channels, so that this discussion will end and the thread can be closed. You all can thank me when your channels return. :biggrin2 :thumbup

Reactions: Ziptied and HipKat
I knew it! I knew that all I had to do was start a debate in the Fox Sports Dispute thread about the fees and taxes that apply to the Dish bill in different states, and that would annoy Dish so much that they would immediately strike a deal to return the FSN channels, so that this discussion will end and the thread can be closed. You all can thank me when your channels return. :biggrin2 :thumbup

I’m personally enjoying the fact there are missing channels on both Dish and DIRECTV right now.

Lots of people switching to cable. Had the best 3 months in 4 years.

No it’s not that simple.

But I’ll say this, both sides need to quit blaming each other.
Yeah, if the terms of the contracts are confidential, then nothing should be said by either side during negotiations. It's time to put forth rules for binding arbitration in all contracts, all channel owners, all providers. If an agreement can't be reached before the contract expiration deadline, then forced binding arbitration kicks in, while the channels stay active.

Last edited:
Then subscribers lose more..you can't force a company to carry a channel
Yeah, if the terms of the contracts are confidential, then nothing should be said by either side during negotiations. It's time to put forth rules for binding arbitration in all contracts, all channel owners, all providers. If an agreement can't be reached before the contract expiration deadline, then forced binding arbitration kicks in, while the channels stay active.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
At the rate things are going, that's pretty much where sports is headed, sports bars only.

Interesting uplink report today: Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 9/25/19 at 3:15pm ET (v28) – 185 changes seen
After these changes, the old FSN channel numbers now have information in the guide (at least for the HD feed) for the current and next program, even though the channels are still labeled as INFO. There are also (standard-def) INFO channels outside the 412-xx collapsible channel range for some of these channels (415, 420, 421, 430, and 437)

Reactions: Ziptied
Interesting uplink report today: Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 9/25/19 at 3:15pm ET (v28) – 185 changes seen
After these changes, the old FSN channel numbers now have information in the guide (at least for the HD feed) for the current and next program, even though the channels are still labeled as INFO. There are also (standard-def) INFO channels outside the 412-xx collapsible channel range for some of these channels (415, 420, 421, 430, and 437)
Just checked the guide and it was showing the actual FSN schedule. When I clicked on it it was still showing the Dish Network recorded message.

Just checked the guide and it was showing the actual FSN schedule. When I clicked on it it was still showing the Dish Network recorded message.
Right. Anything beyond the next program is still showing the "Fox Sports has removed this channel" message in the Guide. My point was that with the guide information returning, it may be a sign that Dish and FSN are close to a deal.

Reactions: DawgDeputy
Right. Anything beyond the next program is still showing the "Fox Sports has removed this channel" message in the Guide. My point was that with the guide information returning, it may be a sign that Dish and FSN are close to a deal.
I just put my receiver in standby to let it take a guide download, and I now see the full FSN schedule all the way across. :)

Reactions: DawgDeputy
Correction: 412-21 still has the "FS Sportstime OH removed this ch." all the way across, which makes me worried that this channel may not be returning, even if a new deal is struck. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts