fox sports dispute

Anyone have any updates on FSN regional channels coming back? Basketball has started and Fox Sports North is NOT on my Dish right now. Unfortunately I have a $180 buyout right now but decided to pay $45 to Hulu Live for a month to give dish a bit more time. (I dont want to dump them.) But.....I'm about ready to pay the fee and dump them for cable. Looking for updates..

Not really any info.
Anything is just speculation.
I'd say the RSNs currently FSNs will be back on dish. When? That's the unknown.
The entire issue I think is the flex pack tiers, where Sinclair wants money for RSNs for every Dish subscriber like ESPN, and Dish only wants it for the ones who want RSNs or Sports Flex pack.

Not really any info.
Anything is just speculation.
I'd say the RSNs currently FSNs will be back on dish. When? That's the unknown.
The entire issue I think is the flex pack tiers, where Sinclair wants money for RSNs for every Dish subscriber like ESPN, and Dish only wants it for the ones who want RSNs or Sports Flex pack.
Exactly. I think the deal between Sinclair and DTV does not bode well for Dish, as DTV has nothing like the Flex Pack.

Anyone have any updates on FSN regional channels coming back? Basketball has started and Fox Sports North is NOT on my Dish right now. Unfortunately I have a $180 buyout right now but decided to pay $45 to Hulu Live for a month to give dish a bit more time. (I dont want to dump them.) But.....I'm about ready to pay the fee and dump them for cable. Looking for updates..
I have said it before, that as soon as I say that they are never coming back, then Dish will go ahead and bring them back. So... They are never coming back! ;)

Reactions: Juan
Well they dropped the notification of the baseball RSN's and just show hockey and others. I guess when baseball season comes around they'll put them back up if they're still being disputed or still there.
Huh??? 412-21 [Sportstime Ohio, baseball-only (Cleveland Indians) FSN channel] still has the message in the Guide saying "FS Sportstime OH removed this ch." Or were you referring to the dishpromise page? Of course that is only going to list the teams that are in-season, as it has always listed the teams (instead of the names of the channels) since this dispute began.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Huh??? 412-21 [Sportstime Ohio, baseball-only (Cleveland Indians) FSN channel] still has the message in the Guide saying "FS Sportstime OH removed this ch." Or were you referring to the dishpromise page? Of course that is only going to list the teams that are in-season, as it has always listed the teams (instead of the names of the channels) since this dispute began.
I feel bad for Cleveland Indians fans. I know it's been a few years, but it stinks to think that Sportstime Ohio was sold to FOX. If that didn't happen, you would at least have the Indians games. I also laugh at the FOX Sports branding. FS Sportstime Ohio? FOX Sports Sportstime Ohio? That's like if KFC's url was KFCchicken.com. Just redundant words in the name. I know it's off topic, but something I always laughed at.

Yea I forgot to add the Dish Promise into my answer. My bad!:facepalm

Reactions: pattykay
I feel bad for Cleveland Indians fans. I know it's been a few years, but it stinks to think that Sportstime Ohio was sold to FOX. If that didn't happen, you would at least have the Indians games.
The history of Indians coverage on Dish has not been that great in the past, either. I still remember one season, when the Indians were still on Fox Sports Ohio, when we only got half of the games on Dish, due to a dispute between Dish and Fox Sports, with Fox Sports wanting Dish to pay extra for the "extra" games that had been added to their schedule. (Prior to that, about half of the Indians games were on OTA broadcast TV.) Fortunately, I had both Dish and Directv at that time, with a very minimal package on Directv, so I just added Directv's Sports Pack to tide me over until I finally added Time Warner Cable for the rest of the season.

Then, we had just gotten the full Indians schedule on Fox Sports Ohio back on Dish, when the creation of Sportstime Ohio was announced. That created uncertainty about whether Dish would be carrying any Indians games at all that season, until a deal was struck right before the season began. I also seem to remember there being some uncertainty around the time of one of Dish's contract renewals with Sportstime Ohio. So, I had been hoping that the Fox deal would help keep Sportstime Ohio safe, as surely Dish would not drop all of those Fox Sports RSN's for an extended period of time (again) right? HA!!!!

I also laugh at the FOX Sports branding. FS Sportstime Ohio? FOX Sports Sportstime Ohio? That's like if KFC's url was KFCchicken.com. Just redundant words in the name. I know it's off topic, but something I always laughed at.
There is a term for names like that: pleonasm. (And you were probably not expecting to learn a new word here today. I am always glad to help improve people's vocabulary.) :)

I have said it before, that as soon as I say that they are never coming back, then Dish will go ahead and bring them back. So... They are never coming back! ;)

Yeah, I have been waiting for the deal to be made as I really dont want to leave Dish. But its looking more and more like it just may not happen. The NBA season has started and I am not liking Hulu at all. (DVR cant FF through comercials and I even had a hard time watching something from the beginning that was still being recorded). I thought I could pay for a couple months of Hulu until Dish gets their sh*t together but at this point I think its a lost cause.... MIght as well see if we can work something out on the buy out and switch to cable.

I just told them take a hike. I’d rather pay the cancelation fee then keep paying them anything monthly.

So good riddance Dish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have been waiting for the deal to be made as I really dont want to leave Dish. But its looking more and more like it just may not happen. The NBA season has started and I am not liking Hulu at all. (DVR cant FF through comercials and I even had a hard time watching something from the beginning that was still being recorded). I thought I could pay for a couple months of Hulu until Dish gets their sh*t together but at this point I think its a lost cause.... MIght as well see if we can work something out on the buy out and switch to cable.
You could do what I did during the previous Fox Sports Ohio dispute that I mentioned above. You can put your Dish account on a seasonal Pause, and only pay $5 per month (for up to six months at a time) to keep your Dish account active. Then, you can switch to cable for the rest of the season, or until the Fox Sports Nets return to Dish. Since there is usually no contract involved with cable, you could switch back to Dish at any time without penalty. If the Fox Sports Nets do not return during the Pause, you could still cancel your Dish account at that point if you want. This way, you can put off paying the Early Cancellation Fee as long as possible, although it would end up costing you a total of an extra $30 if you wait the entire six months before cancelling.

Looks like dish is thru with regional sports channels the banner on where fox Midwest used to be says dish is no longer going to support this broken business model. I’ve been with dish for almost 20 years so now what. I hate to leave but I gotta have my cardinal and blues games. Or at least a price break

Looks like dish is thru with regional sports channels the banner on where fox Midwest used to be says dish is no longer going to support this broken business model.

I think that you are right in thinking that Dish is no longer negotiating for the Regional Sports Networks. I am not happy since I will lose the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Bengals baseball.
IMG_0181.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Same thing with NBC Sports Chicago - different than the previous video saying they are negotiating. This just makes it sound like they are done with it.

I also think that Dish should change it's webpage about "taking the term sports fanatic to a whole new level" and that the multisport pack offers a "ton" of Regional Sports Networks. ;)

Reactions: pattykay
Same thing with NBC Sports Chicago - different than the previous video saying they are negotiating. This just makes it sound like they are done with it.
The dishpromise page is less clear about that. The only dispute message so far that has been updated today is Altitude Sports. Here is the full message about that dispute:
"Looking for the Nuggets Home Opener? For customers in the Denver, Colorado market, tonight's NBA game between the Denver Nuggets and the Phoenix Suns can be viewed on MyTV KTVD, channel 20. (Applicable DISH packaging required.)

Altitude has continued to block its customers from their channel across all three major paid TV providers. We appreciate your patience throughout this negotiation. We understand it’s frustrating missing the games you love, especially as the Avalanche and Nuggets begin their seasons, and will continue to provide you any updates on the negotiation here. We are hopeful that current negotiations and conversations will end in a fair deal for all.

We strive to provide you the best TV experience at the best possible value. With the highest cost for DISH being programming, it is important for us to continue to keep the cost fair so that it is not exorbitantly reflected on your bill. The fact is, the costs for TV regional sports rights in America are currently a poor economic deal, only favoring the sports broadcasters, like Altitude Sports. We are no longer going to support this broken business model, and are standing up on behalf of our customers.

Altitude Sports understands live sports are important to our viewers and therefore are holding their asset hostage as a negotiation tactic to force TV providers, like DISH, to cave to their demands. We at DISH are sick of these demands that put you – the customer – in the middle. Altitude Sports is the only one who can choose to remove their content from DISH. We are hopeful and open to a fair agreement to bring Altitude back as quickly as possible."

(I added bold emphasis above to a couple of key sentences.)
So, while the third paragraph has the new message from the slate that was posted above, the rest of the message indicates that Dish is still negotiating, or is at least open to negotiations. It is possible that Dish may only be interested in serving the Rocky Mountain market, though (at least while Dish is still carrying AT&T Rocky Mountain) and Dish is abandoning the rest of the country. It will be telling when the other dispute messages get updated on the dishpromise page, to see if they still have this same wording.

The Astros and Rockets created their own sports network several years ago, so losing Fox Sports Southwest is no big deal to me. Now, they are part of ATT Sports Network. I don't see DISH negotiating for them anytime soon.

I say, good for DISH, if that's the line they want to take. I can certainly understand why others will go elsewhere for their programming. I guess DISH has created a whole new class of sports fanatic.

Reactions: Nominal
I notice that the Guide info for the dispute messages on NBC Sports Chicago and Altitude Sports both still give the phone number to "make your voice heard." The Fox Sports Net channel dispute Guide info no longer has the phone numbers. This makes it look like Dish is no longer negotiating with Fox Sports Net, but NBC Sports Chicago and Altitude may both still have a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)