Fox Sports FL and Sunshine Network are working

So you can see transmittion already. Someone posted it was added but the video did not come through yet. Is the Video and sound coming?

It's in the guide at 342.
When i tune in is said i need to upgrade to get this channel and i'm vava vooming in Orlando, so i should be getting it if they have it turned on.

trouble is, if this is a florida only channel, someone forgot to tell tivo and their guide service. It just got added as a new channel on my tivo box, but I don't pick it up on the voom stb here in PA. :(

Come VOOM lets get MSG and FSNY for us guys in the east. I see MSG advertising their HD service all the time on D* for cablevsion...

Florida Customers..
They are up and Active however I had to call Customer Service to get the Please subscribe notice to go away. It tool several reboots, 1 hard boot and several "Hits" from the Satellite to get them Active. The CSR was nice and understood my problem it just took about a 30 minutes on the Phone to get it all straightened out. (I have two boxes and it worked for both)

I agree with you guys but this can only mean good news since it means that since they negotiated both RSN for Florida it could only mean that this is the way all the others RSN will be heading. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we get the new dishes there other RSNs are in place or about (warning: speculation on my part). Not to say that I disagree with you but just looking at the positive side of the coin.

The Pacific Northwest has no RSN, so where does that leave us? Would we get whatever is the closest to us?

Well i just called to get it turned on here in Orlando.
Guess what?
They said i'm not in the authorized zip code area. What???
From the zips the csr said they are all in south florida which start with 33 and i'm in a 32 zip.
So it's not all in Florida just south Florida that are getting it.
Go figure.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I wish FL would stop geeting channels......VOOM is a national service not just for FL
Unfortunately it appears Southern Florida is kicking arse compared to other regions: the BrandSmart offer, word-of-mouth, better installation experiences, better satellite signal, etc.

Having said that, I feel it would be fair if VOOM allowed all customers access to all current and future RSNs...at least until they get their local RSN. I have no knowledge of the specific rules & regs or licensing agreements regarding RSNs, but this doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Please feel free to send your comments to VOOM Customer Support (copy and paste the above sentence if you wish): http://voom.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/voom.cfg/php/enduser/cci/std_cont.php?page=null

riffjim4069 said:
Unfortunately it appears Southern Florida is kicking arse compared to other regions: the BrandSmart offer, word-of-mouth, better installation experiences, better satellite signal, etc.

And we don't have any snow either, Right my kids are in Shorts chasing the Dog in the Backyard! But Real estate is expensive so keep that in mind if your planning to busty a move!

I just saw the Brandsmart Promo in the paper....That will blow out some sets

What I also don't understand is that Cox Cable in Las Vegas has RSN that are not even for our region. They have Fox Sports Atlantic, Fox Sports Central, Fox Sports Pacific. I also believe Dish and DirectTV carry different RSNs for people not in that area as well. So why can't VOOM show the FL channels to every VOOM sub and just block out the major stuff (NFL, NBA, MLB) Just show the college games. I just turned to one of the FSC and it says Sunshine on the game bar. So if Cox can show these so can VOOM.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
What I also don't understand is that Cox Cable in Las Vegas has RSN that are not even for our region. They have Fox Sports Atlantic, Fox Sports Central, Fox Sports Pacific. I also believe Dish and DirectTV carry different RSNs for people not in that area as well. So why can't VOOM show the FL channels to every VOOM sub and just block out the major stuff (NFL, NBA, MLB) Just show the college games. I just turned to one of the FSC and it says Sunshine on the game bar. So if Cox can show these so can VOOM.
I agree. I think VOOM's plan was (and perhaps still is) to make RSN available to subscribers and they are added...most probably in March. I also believe they will sell an inclusive RSN package for a few extra $$$ at some point in the future.

In the interim, I don't see any harm with them making RSNs available to everyone. :confused:

riffjim4069 said:
I agree. I think VOOM's plan was (and perhaps still is) to make RSN available to subscribers and they are added...most probably in March. I also believe they will sell an inclusive RSN package for a few extra $$$ at some point in the future.

In the interim, I don't see any harm with them making RSNs available to everyone. :confused:

They could offer them to everyone, just not the pro sports, the regular programing like fishing, Championship Poker,Best Da*n Sports Show, etc, etc you could get, you can them via D* or E* but you have to pay a extra $10.00.

Or the other reason is, they only have to pay per sub back to the programmer.

I heard that Sunshine had rights to show Heat games, are they doing HD? Since Hockey is on strike, does this mean FOXFLHD will be back next year with baseball?

Sunshine does Heat as secondary and mainly Magic. I think voom is carrying the orlando feed and not the alternate to go with it. So whenever the magic and heat are playing at the same time no heat will be available.

The only thing sunshine does in HD is 8 more magic games, but they've said they wont be able to carry those :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts