Fox Sports HD

bonipie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Southwest Arizona
Hi, All,
We are receiving the HD package, and receiving Fox Sports HD, Fox Arizona HD edition. We know the Red Bull Air Races is produced and advertised in HD. But, we don't receive it in HD or basically anything else on Foz Az HD. We didn't know why we didn't receive the HD version, and hadn't identified why until tonite. We were in a local sports bar, and here was the Red Bull Air Races in HD!!! Ta! Da! We asked who their sat supplier was, and it is Direct TV. A Clue!!

So, being the super sluces we are, we have decided that Dish is the problem. Are they counting the Fox Arizona HD channel as an HD channel when they aren't providing any HD on the channel? Any other areas experiencing this problem? We haven't had any (so little that we are going to say 'none') programming on this channel and wonder if any area is. Thanks. Boni

It because all RSN (like your FSA) are only part time in HD. Only when there's local pro or sometimes college sports will you sometimes see HD programing. Dish still doesn't have full time RSN in HD yet, but they really need to.

I think it would be nice if they had to have a certain percentage of HD broadcasting - say >1% (I hope you see I'm joking, but our FSNAZ wouldn't even meet that), before they could say this channel is on their list of HD channels. Still miffs me that my favorite program is available in HD, DirecTV broadcasts it in HD in the same area, and Dish does not, but they say they have HD programming on FSNAZ.

Well, this is total speculation on my part, I really do think that we are likely to see full-time HD RSN's once Echo XIV is launched. That's just a few months away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)