Questions after install today

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
Hello all! I'm back enjoying a crisp HD picture on Dish now after using a different company I will not mention for the last year. The install went well, but I am having a few issues I'm hoping you could help me out with.

1. The installer gave me a home-plug device called a sling-link I believe. It is hooked to my router upstairs on an ethernet port & plugged into a wall outlet. I have a vip 722k which just needs to be plugged into the wall for the broadband connection.
The connection shows up fine under "Broadband Setup/Network Setup" & when I go to DishCOMM Setup it shows up as online & the Test clears. My question is that when I go to DishONLINE & download something it stays around 1.20 Mb/s & says stalled every second or so. Are the lines in my house that bad, is it that slow, or is there some sort of router setting I am missing? Just curious if anybody else has had a similar experience.

2. I have registered my account with dishnetwork dot com 4 times tonight! It is like I disappear from the system every couple of hours. I'm getting ready to call tech support, but I thought this was odd. After I register, I click on Dish Remote access & Get Started; however, after I put in my birthdate it just says unable to complete due to technical difficulties. I believe this is also preventing me from going to dish sling com / activate--once I put in my code it asks for a login that refers me back to dishnetwork

3. Lastly, is there a quick way to change a recording that is already scheduled on TV1 to record on TV2?

Sorry for the crazy write-up, but I know there are a lot of problem solvers out there :) Thanks!!!

3 no

Hello all! I'm back enjoying a crisp HD picture on Dish now after using a different company I will not mention for the last year. The install went well, but I am having a few issues I'm hoping you could help me out with.

1. The installer gave me a home-plug device called a sling-link I believe. It is hooked to my router upstairs on an ethernet port & plugged into a wall outlet. I have a vip 722k which just needs to be plugged into the wall for the broadband connection.
The connection shows up fine under "Broadband Setup/Network Setup" & when I go to DishCOMM Setup it shows up as online & the Test clears. My question is that when I go to DishONLINE & download something it stays around 1.20 Mb/s & says stalled every second or so. Are the lines in my house that bad, is it that slow, or is there some sort of router setting I am missing? Just curious if anybody else has had a similar experience.

2. I have registered my account with dishnetwork dot com 4 times tonight! It is like I disappear from the system every couple of hours. I'm getting ready to call tech support, but I thought this was odd. After I register, I click on Dish Remote access & Get Started; however, after I put in my birthdate it just says unable to complete due to technical difficulties. I believe this is also preventing me from going to dish sling com / activate--once I put in my code it asks for a login that refers me back to dishnetwork

3. Lastly, is there a quick way to change a recording that is already scheduled on TV1 to record on TV2?

Sorry for the crazy write-up, but I know there are a lot of problem solvers out there :) Thanks!!!

You can't do #3.

#1 Dishonline is SLOW I have a 35Mb download from my ISP and only a download at about 1Mbs from dishonline. Takes forever to download any HD content.

Change recording.

For #3, if you cancel the recording you have scheduled for TV2, the recording for TV1 will automatically revert to TV2 ( that is, IF you have TV2 set as your primary recording tuner, as most people do ). :up