The Future of dishHD Absolute

ksbuie

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
I have been considering upgrading to Classic Gold from Absolute for a while now. I am tired of not having Fox, Fox Business, ESPNU, Speed, etc. I also really miss FSC. However, I need an excuse to spend an extra $37, like Absolute will be canceled "soon", or many new HD channels will be added to Classic Gold. Any speculations?

MY understanding is grandfathered Absolute subs will have Absolute for the forseeable future and there aren't that many new HD channels out there that actually have HD material that is worth anything.

Personally, I have absolutely no reason to abandon HD Absolute.

I have been considering upgrading to Classic Gold from Absolute for a while now. I am tired of not having Fox, Fox Business, ESPNU, Speed, etc. I also really miss FSC. However, I need an excuse to spend an extra $37, like Absolute will be canceled "soon", or many new HD channels will be added to Classic Gold. Any speculations?

You give some good reasons for leaving "I have been considering upgrading, I really miss blah blah blah :rant: "

Bye Bye

None of your important to you are important to me so I'll stick with Absolute :D

Last edited:
I consider that a downgrade - especially in light of $/HD channel wanted.

The future of HD Absolutes in this household is one of sticking around unless the plug gets pulled completely on pay tv. Nothing else comes close.

However, I need an excuse to spend an extra $37, like Absolute will be canceled "soon", or many new HD channels will be added to Classic Gold. Any speculations?

That is irrelevant because nothing is lost while waiting, the difference in price is worth it to you or it isn't.

I consider my absolute a prize.
For the price? no other plans come close.

I have never heard anyone say after they left absolute, " I sure am glad I got rid of absolute, those fox channels are definitely worth almost doubling of my bill"

But I have heard tons and tons of people say "I wish I had never switched"

I look upon the additional $37 as a charge for my RSN's that I currently can't get, since I don't care much about the other HD channels I am missing. I can't justify the additional cost so I am standing pat.

When it is time to leave Absolute (or it is discontinued) I will shop around. I'm not happy that MLB isn't available in any Dish package. However, for now, I feel Absolute is definitely the best buy anywhere.

it's not possible to still order this absolute I suppose is it?

I thought I was getting a good enough deal when I set up to have TurboHD silver installed... tomorrow actually. OTA module purchased, platinum channels included, (no locals) $39.99 flat rate.

The prices of the classic packages don't really hold a tune to the Turbo HD package.. having to pay for all those extra, in my opinion, less useful channels and pay $10 per month extra for HD.

Rep I talked too was really good and actually explained to me why the Turbo HD Silver is better then the Classic Silver when I told him I wanted turbo silver, haha. Spoke good understandable english too.. knowledgeable and patient.

I just wanted a way to get animal planet, FX, Msnbc, etc, in HD without having to pay $48 for 12 months and $63 another 12 months. Fairly pleased I was still able to order Turbo HD over the phone. Fact of the matter is though, if I could not have gotten the Turbo Silver, I wouldn't have ordered anything at all.

it's not possible to still order this absolute I suppose is it?
Nope

I just wanted a way to get animal planet, FX, Msnbc, etc, in HD without having to pay $48 for 12 months and $63 another 12 months. Fairly pleased I was still able to order Turbo HD over the phone. Fact of the matter is though, if I could not have gotten the Turbo Silver, I wouldn't have ordered anything at all.
Hopefully they didn't tell you that TurboHD Silver has MSNBC and FX in HD. It doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts