Fox Sports In Hd?

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
When Is E* Going To Get Thier Ass In Gear No More Voom We Want Sports Fox Locals Like Fsn In Hd.

Hey Voom Rocks!! I hope to see the RSN before the end of year but we will half waite and see.

Chalk this one up to blatant false advertising.
Since D* was getting it done, they said they would have FSN HD "this fall" and "very soon" back in the summer.

But hey, the truth would've cost them a subscriber who is now locked in a contract. Guess it pays to lie.

I now believe we will not get the RSNs in HD until after the football season. OU's next 3 games are all on FSN, so I'm betting they'll get turned on the week after the last college football game. It just never works out as fast as I want it to.

I also hate that ESPN gameplan doesn't have an HD feed, because I missed 2 other HD games living in the west region. God knows I really needed HD for that A&M game, worst production values I've ever seen on ABC and that's really saying something.

I just sent another email to the ceo@E* address asking for an update on the RSN's in HD.

On a related note I couldn't help but notice a huge billboard inside Monster Park during the 49ers vs. Vikings game. It was a Comcast advertisement that read, "More Local Sports In High Definition." It seems even Comcast has noticed and is now trying to exploit the lack of HD RSN's on satellite.

I also hate that ESPN gameplan doesn't have an HD feed, because I missed 2 other HD games living in the west region. God knows I really needed HD for that A&M game, worst production values I've ever seen on ABC and that's really saying something.

Yeah the analog feed was crap but the HD feed in Tulsa was great. OU/Missouri in HD was great but it was hard watching my Pokes knock off Nebraska afterwards because the picture was so bad. I went and watched it on the only analog tv I have left out on the patio I couldn't take the blurry picture on the big screen any longer that day.

I got a very fast response from the CEO email address (received 11/6/06):

"I don’t have an exact date of when we are launching RSN in HD but there has been talk before this year ends. I am still trying to get some more information with an exact date and once I hear that I will let you know. If nothing comes out this year it will definitely be next quarter.

Thank you"

"I don’t have an exact date of when we are launching RSN in HD but there has been talk before this year ends. I am still trying to get some more information with an exact date and once I hear that I will let you know. If nothing comes out this year it will definitely be next quarter.

Thank you"

It's ALWAYS "next quarter!"

Brad

"I don’t have an exact date of when we are launching RSN in HD but there has been talk before this year ends. I am still trying to get some more information with an exact date and once I hear that I will let you know. If nothing comes out this year it will definitely be next year

This RSN HD thing is really starting to P**S me off. Why the heck did they mention it this summer if they weren't going to make them available until next year. I usually give E* the benefit of the doubt, but this is rediculous. :mad:

This RSN HD thing is really starting to P**S me off. Why the heck did they mention it this summer if they weren't going to make them available until next year. I usually give E* the benefit of the doubt, but this is rediculous. :mad:

Because E* doesnt want their subs jumping ship and going over to D* who has RSN's in HD (at least the one I am interested in.... FSN North). So they dangle this carrot out there and uplink the HD RSN's and to people in the know (those that belong to these forums) it makes it look like E* is doing something to make this available "soon". Whatever happened to INHD that was also supposedly coming "soon"??. You are right this is ridiculous and very frustrating. I really thought the RSN's in HD would be up and running this fall for college football and the NHL. I wouldnt doubt that now all of E*'s attention is focused on the Distant Network shutoffs.

Last edited:
It'd be a very elegant way to handle HD RSN broadcasts, with HD just overmapping the SD channel to HD subscribers when available. It'd be great if they did the same with League Pass channels, with any available HD broadcast taking the place of its SD counterpart on the "same" channel.

Last edited:
Personally, I do not give a crap about sports, so for me the loss of the voom channels would be to got to cable or direct. Not all people love sports.

Yeah, I'm going to wait to upgrade my programming until they get FSSW HD. I may as well wait until next year since college football is almost over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)