Fox Sports Net Southwest

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KeithInDallas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
The other night I tuned into Fox Sports Southwest to watch the Dallas Stars hockey game. Before the game started, they ran one of those graphics that said something to the effect of "Stars Hockey in HD." So that implied to me that FSNSW is broadcasting the games in HD. Does anyone know if this is accurate? More importantly, does anyone know, heard a rumor, has a gut instinct, or any input on whether Dish has any plans to carry a FSNSW HD channel?

I would so love to see my Stars in HD... :D
That would be enough to get me to upgrade from my 942 to a 622 (my idea of compelling content!)!!

I don't know how common this is, or will be, but Dish had the Dodgers/Braves game from FSN Prime on the HDPPV channel for free last night.

mdonnelly said:
I don't know how common this is, or will be, but Dish had the Dodgers/Braves game from FSN Prime on the HDPPV channel for free last night.

It was only free because free preview EI MLB Baseball package. The next EI HD game on Monday will only be seen by HD EI subs.

styxfix said:
It was only free because free preview EI MLB Baseball package. The next EI HD game on Monday will only be seen by HD EI subs.

Have you found a printed EI schedule from Dish? or are you just looking forward in
the guide.

Last year they had a schedule out but they weren't very prompt about it.

Sam

KeithInDallas said:
The other night I tuned into Fox Sports Southwest to watch the Dallas Stars hockey game. Before the game started, they ran one of those graphics that said something to the effect of "Stars Hockey in HD." So that implied to me that FSNSW is broadcasting the games in HD. Does anyone know if this is accurate? More importantly, does anyone know, heard a rumor, has a gut instinct, or any input on whether Dish has any plans to carry a FSNSW HD channel?

I would so love to see my Stars in HD... :D
That would be enough to get me to upgrade from my 942 to a 622 (my idea of compelling content!)!!

The O&O Fox Sports Channels do sporadic HD, they have for a couple of years. Mostly, you will find these games on the "INHD 1/2" cousins found on the cable networks or less likely in the 95-99 Special Events channels on DirecTv. Even more rare will you find them in a Dish Network sports package (center ice, MLB EI, center court)... but if you live in the market, the game will be blocked out for you for some stupid reason...

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

They update the schedule regularly... games come (and go) frequently.

Thank you for the confirmation of the black out. Am I stupid, naive, or some micro organism with little intelligence...but would it not be a good idea to show the home team to the home team market in HD as much as possible?
I guess the geniuses who put together these contracts have their solid reasons that we of the fandom could never begin to comprehend.

that is something kooky I've wondered myself. One would think they'd try harder to cover away games.

KeithInDallas said:

I saw on the guide that the stars were on HDNET a couple of weeks ago. When I tried to select it, I got a message that said it was blacked out. I emailed Mark Cuban about it and received a prompt reply that stated FSNSW had the rights in our area so it was blacked out on HDNET for us in DFW. If you look at the FSNSW HD schedule this month only one BasketBall game is in HD. So I guess we get slim pickens around here.

Does anyone know the deal with OLN and the TV for the Stanley Cup Playoffs?:(

styxfix said:

So if you subscribe to MLB EI and have say, the 622, you will get a game a night or maybe a few in HD? Dish's website says nothing about this is why I ask.

Any baseball games that appear on 9467 are for MLB EI. However the frequency of this is something that cannot be verified by Dish, so whether or not it is worthwhile is up to you

Oh ok, I do not have my 622 yet, so I don't know much about channel 9467. So it's one channel with HD content and sometimes they'll put a MLBEI game on it. Something neat to know :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)