Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Fox Sports are on G11 C Band in the clear FR 4160, SR 27800, H

Fox Sports Detroit: VPID 272, APID 274, PCR 272
Fox Sports Midwest: VPID 288, APID 289, PCE 288
Fox Sports Rocky Mountain: VPID 304, APID 306, PCR 304
Fox Sports West: VIPD 320, APID 321, PCR 320

The PIDS have to be entered manually. These channels switch back and forth from encrypted to clear. Enjoy them while they are clear.

For a C band dish, I have a good sized lot and good line of sight through mine and my neighbors' trees. The issue is, it's in an older suburban neighborhood (back when they didn't build houses 2 feet away from each other) so I have neighbors all around me that would see a large dish in addition to the two I have now. There are no HOA restrictions, as there's not even an HOA that I'm aware of since the neighborhood is so old.

So my question to anyone with a C band dish in an area like mine is, do you get comments/questions/suspicions from your neighbors about it? I'd love to set one up but I don't want to keep explaining my FTA explorations to people who really couldn't care less other than my house looks suspicious to them now and they're an inch away from reporting me to some kind of officials who wouldn't be able to do anything anyways since I'm not breaking any laws. Not that I have particularly evil or untrustworthy neighbors... I just don't know what I should do... :confused: Any stories regarding this?

Well i have the good size lot, but i have (literally) hundreds of 80'+ red pine trees. Luckily we have just logged off about 300+ red pines to thin stuff out and push the woods (and bugs) away from our house. I am sooooooo happy we had done this before i picked up my BUD, cause if i hadnt i would only pick up a few satellites at most due to the low elevation angle line of sight to the satellites i wanted being blocked by the trees. Now i have nice clean lines of sight to approx 20 different birds, which was, as they say, a serrendipitous result of cutting those trees :), especially as i had no clue i was getting a BUD until after the cutting was done. Anyone need some red pine brush/ tops? ;)

[/QUOTE]
So my question to anyone with a C band dish in an area like mine is, do you get comments/questions/suspicions from your neighbors about it? I'd love to set one up but I don't want to keep explaining my FTA explorations to people who really couldn't care less other than my house looks suspicious to them now and they're an inch away from reporting me to some kind of officials who wouldn't be able to do anything anyways since I'm not breaking any laws. Not that I have particularly evil or untrustworthy neighbors... I just don't know what I should do... :confused: Any stories regarding this?[/QUOTE]

All i can say is that my neighbors think im nuts anyways ;), tho all of them have helped me in setting up my dish mount, and i am sure all of them will be there to help me put my dish up this weekend.

As to a standard reply to the questions of the curious, i think it should be "I need to communicate with the mother ship" , and leave it at that :)

Diamond Jim said:
Remember, good size lot :yes and NO trees. :no

Jim
I'll be moving back to Duluth soon. When I was looking at houses, my real estate agent (friend of my dad's) thought I was nuts when she said "this is a nice house..lets stop" and I'd get out with my little 49 cent compass and go "nope..no good line of sight :)"

Found a house with 20 acres...lots of trees but they are 300 feet away (and not that tall) :D

Iceberg said:
When I was looking at houses, my real estate agent (friend of my dad's) thought I was nuts when she said "this is a nice house..lets stop" and I'd get out with my little 49 cent compass and go "nope..no good line of sight :)" Found a house with 20 acres...lots of trees but they are 300 feet away (and not that tall) :D

That's a great story. That's enough land and the trees sound like they are far enough away.

Now to Tux,

I am on two lots 36' by 110', the house sets on the west lot, 14 feet, 3 of which are mine, from the house next door. I have the dish centered in the 36 foot lot about 25 feet from the back of the house, the house has about a 40 foot peak. The house blocks it from the street, the garage from the east, 6 ft vinal fence from the north. It can be seen by the 3 houses to the west. Nobody has ever complained. The only questions I have had was when the guy next door (14feet) bought the house from his parents and ask me if I could get the football games and the Playboy channel, at that time the answer was , yes. He was over every Sunday. The dish has been there longer than anyone that has lived in that house, so I figure if you don't like what I have in my backyard, don't buy the house next to it, then complain about it. I get every satellite from AMC 7 (136) to AMC 6, (72) C and Ku band, analog, digital and FTA DVB. As I have said, I have had it 21 years this month and I wouldn't trade it for anything. :yes :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)