FoxHD Problems

seeno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2009
marina
I know this topic has been brought up in other threads, but I just bought 2 new HDTV's, so I'm curious for any new info on my problem. At first I thought it was my new HDTV, but then I noticed it on my smaller HDTV. The local FoxHD channel here in Monterey/Salinas has an occassional screen flutter. I emailed Tech Support and this appears to be a problem that they are still trying to fix. Oddly, this flutter also happened the other night while watching A&EHD. But I believe the problem is not with my TV but with Dish's software. This is because it happened on one of my TV's with a DVR and one without one. I've noticed, via search on this site , that the FoxHD problem is not new, but does anyone else have a "flutter" problem when viewing other channels on Dish network.

The screen flashes for a second, but you don't lose sound. Kind of like a flashbulb going off. It's happened on my local FoxHD, and it appears that others might be having this problem as well.

Sounds like an hdmi cable problem. I have an older 2004 Toshiba tube hdtv-26". I tried to use my hdmi cable with this tv and my receiver was set to 1080i. I had the same bad flutter problems on my tv you describe . The pq looked like crap. I reset the receiver to 720p and replaced the crappy hdmi cable I got with my old 622 dvr from DISH. My pq was much improved and no more flutter or lines in the picture anymore. Check the tv , cables and receiver resolution to see if that helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)