Foxnews & Foxb not in HD because of smart card

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I have the Classic Gold 250 HD package.

Channels 205 & 206 were in SD; but I did not have 205HD and 206HD.

I tried "check switch" without success.

This evening I called Dish Tech support regarding these channels not being in HD.

The new smart card I put into the receiver last week would not authorize the new HD channels.

I removed the smart card and then did the check switch and downloaded the program guide. Now I have Foxnews and Foxb in HD.

I have the Classic Gold 250 HD package.

Channels 205 & 206 were in SD; but I did not have 205HD and 206HD.

I tried "check switch" without success.

This evening I called Dish Tech support regarding these channels not being in HD.

The new smart card I put into the receiver last week would not authorize the new HD channels.

I removed the smart card and then did the check switch and downloaded the program guide. Now I have Foxnews and Foxb in HD.

Glad you go them. I wonder if that's why so many are having problems.

Maybe that's what my problem is. I ended up chatting with Tech Support and after giving them my new card info, they were able to authorize and now I get Fox News with my 200 channel service.

I got the new card last week too. I had to chat with tech support but after giving them my system info, they were able to authorize me and now I have Fox News on my 200 channel service.

Seeing as I don't have a card at all, and I still don't get the HD versions, I don't think that is the issue. I think if you have anything except Turbo or Absolute, you will find a way to get the new HD now. If you have Turbo or Absolute, then you won't for the time being.

I don't know if it is the cards or not, causing the problem. I've had the new cards for a couple months, now, and all new channels were received right away this week. I have the 250 package w/ HD 250 Gold.

It's amazing that it took me to call tech support to get these channels activated in my AEP with Gold + Platinum HD. Rebooting, check switching, card pulling...none of this worked for me. It took me prompting a CSR how to find Fox News HD and Fox Business HD to then "send a signal" so that I can get these two channels.

I was able to chat and get it turned on. I have the Everything Pack and Platinum HD with the new smart cards.

I was able to chat and get it turned on. I have the Everything Pack and Platinum HD with the new smart cards.

In between "Everything Pack" and PlatinumHD" is "GoldHD add-on." TurboHD and AbsoluteHD customers are scum and have been left out in the cold.:rolleyes: (They can get a FNC SD free preview through Mar. 4.)

In between "Everything Pack" and PlatinumHD" is "GoldHD add-on." TurboHD and AbsoluteHD customers are scum and have been left out in the cold.:rolleyes: (They can get a FNC SD free preview through Mar. 4.)

In one of my emails to the ceo address, I asked why they are suggesting that they want to see how popular it is. I mean, what is the plan? Are they going to see how many Turbo/Absolute subs watch the Fox News SD feed and then make a call based on its "popularity?"... They want to see if the customers, who paid for the privilege of watching only HD, will watch an SD feed of a news network?!?! I hope this is not what they are suggesting, because that would suggest they are more incompetent than any of us could have dreamed...

Account data not being updated!

I finally got my Fox News & Fox Business HD. I called Dish for the 4th or 5th time this morning about it and it turned out my account information had not been updated when I installed the new smart card 2 or 3 weeks ago. Once the new smart card number was entered and I rebooted my ViP622 it all showed up.

So, if you're not getting these channels and you think you should be, have them check your account to ensure your account information is correct.

In one of my emails to the ceo address, I asked why they are suggesting that they want to see how popular it is. I mean, what is the plan? Are they going to see how many Turbo/Absolute subs watch the Fox News SD feed and then make a call based on its "popularity?"... They want to see if the customers, who paid for the privilege of watching only HD, will watch an SD feed of a news network?!?! I hope this is not what they are suggesting, because that would suggest they are more incompetent than any of us could have dreamed...

No what I meant by how popular the turbo packs are they want to see how many people sign up to the HD turbo paks only before adding it to them or adding any new HD. There are more people who have the classic or what ever there called paks, then the stand alone HD only Turbo Absolute paks.

No what I meant by how popular the turbo packs are they want to see how many people sign up to the HD turbo paks only before adding it to them or adding any new HD. There are more people who have the classic or what ever there called paks, then the stand alone HD only Turbo Absolute paks.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying, but this is a direct quote from the response I received from the CEO email address:
We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels to our TurboHD packages in the future."
He said they are evaluating the programming, not the packages. Nevertheless, it is all just semantics, and the bottom line is that I don't have the new channels...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts