FOXS on 129?

sbturner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Georgia
I am glad we are finally getting these but FOXS on 129 is not going to work. This is the home RSN for people in the Carolinas and south Georgia which can't get 129. Much of S. Georgia is in the Tallahassee DMA or Jacksonville DMA. Games on FOXF will be blacked out. What will be done about these folks. FOXS should be the 110 or 119. Or mirrored on 61.5.

Yeah, fortunately for me I am in middle Georgia and get a good enough signal on 129, so I will be ok, but those down in SouthEast Georgia and some of the Carolinas will have problems. They will probably need to contact DishNetwork about this. They will have to either move this to 119, 110, or mirror it on 61.5.

"They will probably need to contact DishNetwork about this."

I would think that they should know this kind of stuff, don't you think? I mean it's their satellite for crying out loud, they should know its footprint.

What I'm talking about, it's Dish Network we're talking about here..........:confused:

It all goes back to putting the Atlanta HD locals on 129 instead of 61.5. They have to have both of those on the same bird so they don't have to put DPP44s in all over the place and have 4 slots out there. I believe that this is also the regional network for TN and parts of Alabama. And all of those HD locals will be on 129.

It all goes back to putting the Atlanta HD locals on 129 instead of 61.5. They have to have both of those on the same bird so they don't have to put DPP44s in all over the place and have 4 slots out there. I believe that this is also the regional network for TN and parts of Alabama. And all of those HD locals will be on 129.

Then they made a bad decision from the beginning and continue to make them. Thanks for the explanation.:up

Yeah, this really is dumb. I'm on 61.5 and NOT 129. I have to try to reposition it to 129, but I don't even know if it's worth it since it is such a low signal strength satellite. I think they are trying to get all programming through a 1000.2 for those that have it. Lame. I'm sending an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com.

I agree this is the ultimate tease with NHL and NBA playoffs on the horizon. I have also emailed the ceo address with my frustrations.

Like many others in Dallas Dish installers have been pointing us at 61.5 (not even checking 129 first) with a second dish instead of the 1000. I have to imagine this is something being repeated throughout Texas for the FOXSW HD channels. Easy fix is for Dish to replicate the channels on 61.5.

Exactly. Except it might not be so easy if 61.5 is at max bandwidth already.

61.5 is not at max bandwidth, but E* is not going to mirror HD content for regional content unless they absolutely have to. Once you mirror the content there's no going back...and there you add to the wasted bandwidth bucket once again.

61.5 is not at max bandwidth, but E* is not going to mirror HD content for regional content unless they absolutely have to. Once you mirror the content there's no going back...and there you add to the wasted bandwidth bucket once again.

It makes sense, but if they don't mirror it, they should provide a FREE method of accessing 129 since I am paying for the channel.

Update!

I placed a second call and this time went directly to the technical support folks. They read their notes about the change and scheduled an appointment this Sunday to have an installer re-point my dish. Hopefully all will go well as as only Corpus/Brownsville Texas towns are shown as unable to receive.

I live in Birmingham, AL, and I have two dishes. One dual lnb pointed at 110/119 and one single lnb pointed at 61.5. Would it be worth it for me to go ahead and move the 61.5 to 129? Are the Voom channels mirrored on 129? I don't think I would lose anything, would I? Will the B'ham locals (if they ever actually happen) be on 129? TIA.

I live in Birmingham, AL, and I have two dishes. One dual lnb pointed at 110/119 and one single lnb pointed at 61.5. Would it be worth it for me to go ahead and move the 61.5 to 129? Are the Voom channels mirrored on 129? I don't think I would lose anything, would I? Will the B'ham locals (if they ever actually happen) be on 129? TIA.
I'll go out on a limb, and say that if the B'ham HD RSN is on 129, then Dish will put the HD locals on 129 someday. All the VOOM channels are on both 61.5 and 129, so go ahead and swing the dish over. Having the wing dish really gives you a lot of flexibility.

I want some HD locals but i think B'ham is too far
I am at 36904 in Alabama and my locals come from meridian Miss but PBS might come from somewhere else. I never watch it so no loss there if I didn't even have it.

So I get a very VERY low PQ for all of the networks now that the distants are gone and I really want some HD content. I just don't know if it's going to happen any time soon

and I am guessing it's time to move my second dish to 129 :/
That is better than putting the dish 1000 up I assume ?
Just move the bracket if needed and aim it right ?

I think I will see if the local guy here can do it. The ones DISH sends really seem to mess things up or I just get newbies every time they send someone

Tiger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)