Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Could be a 10ft or even 12ft.. seller says its free if you haul it away. Located in Montebello, Calif

C-Band Satellite Dish

mail

mail

I contacted the nice people & they sent 2 pics. Sizing the dish from the pics & the known size of a scalar(6.5 inch) it appears to be a 10ft one piece mesh dish with a buttonhook lnb arm & single lnb feedhorn. 2 panels are bent out of shape.
I'm gonna go for it anyway. I could use this 10 footer until something nicer comes along. I've got a Sadoun 6 ft polar mount that I may sell to some local in LA area(hint). :)

Attachments

• IMG_6841.JPG
    IMG_6841.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_6842.JPG
    IMG_6842.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
10 ft Orbitron

Saturday I removed this dish from their back yard. I had lots of help from the owner who was glad to put an end to his wife's reminders.;)

The dish is an Orbitron SX-10 "spinclination" model in fairly good shape. 3 panels need some tlc but otherwise everything is OK. The buttonook was square on center before I removed it. The mount rotated freely after removing the bolts - didn't need penetrating oil or hammering to free it. The pole had been raised with a 4 ft extension in the past to see over the street trees, but these are now so tall no signal could get through.
The city has neglected to trim these eucalyptus trees for years - typical.:p
When I get closer to mounting this dish again I'll include some better pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1332.JPG
    IMG_1332.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 24-07-10_1103.jpg
    24-07-10_1103.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 24-07-10_1101.jpg
    24-07-10_1101.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 227
brex2001 said:
Saturday I removed this dish from their back yard. I had lots of help from the owner who was glad to put an end to his wife's reminders.;)

The dish is an Orbitron SX-10 "spinclination" model in fairly good shape. 3 panels need some tlc but otherwise everything is OK. The buttonook was square on center before I removed it. The mount rotated freely after removing the bolts - didn't need penetrating oil or hammering to free it. The pole had been raised with a 4 ft extension in the past to see over the street trees, but these are now so tall no signal could get through.
The city has neglected to trim these eucalyptus trees for years - typical.:p
When I get closer to mounting this dish again I'll include some better pics.

Nice, glad it worked out for u and free too hehe

Nice to see the tape with the latitude still there! Will make setting the "spinclination" way much easier.

Nice to see the tape with the latitude still there! Will make setting the "spinclination" way much easier.
Definitely. I may just get to work making these markings permanent with my machinist's letter & numbers punch sets before mounting anything. Then rub in some cold galvanizing paint to make them more visible.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)