Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
FREE NHL Center Ice due to Versus contract Dispute

It's something they're giving away. I've now done this on two accounts: My own and my Dad's.

Here is what to do:

- Call 1-800-DIRECTV
- After you verify your phone number say, "CANCEL SERVICE"
- Once you are transfered to a rep, POLITELY tell them you are a huge hockey fan and you're very disappointed by losing Versus.
- They should offer it to you it via credit (They verify something on your account. I think if you're past due or have a bad track record, you may not get this deal)

Please post here afterwards and let us know how you make out.

BTW.. as a followup.. you do NOT need to have ordered Center Ice in the past.. Also, this will autorenew next year.. so if you do not want it, be sure to cancel before next season. You may want to do this ASAP, there's a few rumors out there that there may be an agreement in place by start of season. I'm sure once an agreement is in place this offer will be gone.

YES SIR!!! I just followed your lead and am getting CI free for the entire season "even if and when the issue with Versus is resolved"!!! Now...you can't beat that!!!

Many thanks for this extremely lucrative tip!!!!! ;)

Where the dish trolls now .., please stand up, please stand up

ONLY ON DIRECTV ... yup

Ok I just called myself.. on hold with reps, lets see what happens

OK Just got off the phone with DTV and I was also given the NHL Package for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Where ma Dish Boyz at ???? LMAO

i got it for free. i sent an email to the presidents office yesterday evening. they called me today and offered me a one time credit to offset the cost of the center ice package.

Should I put this on the homepage? Some folks will say I am not being fair to DirecTV if I dont, but at the same time I dont think DirecTV wants everyone to call about this.

Catch Twenty Two. :)

It's something they're giving away. I've now done this on two accounts: My own and my Dad's.

Here is what to do:

- Call 1-800-DIRECTV
- After you verify your phone number say, "CANCEL SERVICE"
- Once you are transfered to a rep, POLITELY tell them you are a huge hockey fan and you're very disappointed by losing Versus.
- They should offer it to you it via credit (They verify something on your account. I think if you're past due or have a bad track record, you may not get this deal)

Please post here afterwards and let us know how you make out.

BTW.. as a followup.. you do NOT need to have ordered Center Ice in the past.. Also, this will autorenew next year.. so if you do not want it, be sure to cancel before next season. You may want to do this ASAP, there's a few rumors out there that there may be an agreement in place by start of season. I'm sure once an agreement is in place this offer will be gone.

One word: LIAR!

DirecTV doesn't give away free service because you're mad at them. If they did I'd call and say they don't have enough HD channels and hopefully I'd get free Playboy Channel...

This is a offer that started a day or two ago.

but it being done as a one time credit so I like to warn everyone this will affect your ability to get other large credits in the future.

I doubt I can get away with this since I've already paid for ST & NCAA GP. With no refund possible on either of those (in the event of cancellation) they know they have me locked in at least until the end of NFL season.

but it being done as a one time credit so I like to warn everyone this will affect your ability to get other large credits in the future.

Watch out Stone Cold, people are going to start calling you a liar. :)

Thanks for the update!

That may be so, sir. However, this is a huge gift and DTV must be realizing the vastness of this issue among their customers or they wouldn't be giving it away like this. It is an embarrassment for all parties concerned and doing something this big for those who care enough to call and voice their displeasure DOES show that DTV is working on it's image in a very positive way.

Hey! This is a $165 gift. I feel like I just got a great Christmas present and I shall enjoy it immensely! :up

That may be so, sir. However, this is a huge gift and DTV must be realizing the vastness of this issue among their customers or they wouldn't be giving it away like this. It is an embarrassment for all parties concerned and doing something this big for those who care enough to call and voice their displeasure DOES show that DTV is working on it's image in a very positive way.

Hey! This is a $165 gift. I feel like I just got a great Christmas present and I shall enjoy it immensely! :up
I think it also goes to show what a huge markup they make off of NHL CI, otherwise it wouldn't be given away for free.

Should I put this on the homepage? Some folks will say I am not being fair to DirecTV if I dont, but at the same time I dont think DirecTV wants everyone to call about this.

Catch Twenty Two. :)

its like everything else. it will depend on your account history...how long you have had the service, how long you have had center ice package, how much money you spend each month......the same criteria they always look at. it will also depend on whom you speak with.

some people have been getting different deals.........50 percent off center ice, free showtime for 6 months. the info about center ice has been circulating the past 2 days.

i know i'm not answering your question directly. perhaps, you could consider a comment on the home page with a disclaimer that not everyone is going to get this deal or may get a different one.

I am just saying.

If you want free center ice then that is your choice. But it will eventually count against you, if your the type of customer who crys wolf all the time. that is all I am saying.

But I am less willing to break out my credit check book to a customer who just got a 169 dollar credit for Center Ice vs one who hasnt.

So it is a double edged sword.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts