FREE Center Ice due to Versus contract Dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since neither side blinked in Sept for the start of college football games on VS or OCT for the start of NHL games, I guess we have a long wait until April/May and the NHL playoffs. Then maybe one side will give in, but I doubt it.

My guess is that D* is fed up with the NHL and all the programming problems it brings. The lack of HD feeds from Canada in the NHLCI, the removal of all MSG HD feeds from NHLCI, and dealing with Comcast /VS. I think they have looked at the number of subs to the NHLCI and decided that the NHL isn't worth all the headaches. They will continue to offer it , but not worry about the number of subs. The NHL took Comcast's side in the VS fight and told NHL fans to call D* and complain, not a smart PR move by the NHL IMHO.

I think by NHL playoff time D* will have the new sat in orbit and will have created a PR buzz by adding new HD channels and the loss VS/NHL playoffs will be a small problem for D*.

well in a couple more weeks it will be 2 months with DTV not writing them a check.
this must be $$$$$$ kinda money. this has to bother VS/com.
i know it would bother me. someone at VS/com should pick up a calculator and do the math.

Now I seen more calls about NBA league pass then nhl ci but i am only in one call center among a lot of others so I dont know what the real stats look like for nhl vs nba subs

I should have read this before I complained a week and a half ago. All i got was 10 bucks off my bill for 6 months.

I called DirecTV today to find out what compensation they would give me for no longer having ALL the Chicago Blackhawks games.

I was not looking to get Center Ice for free. I am more of a Hawk fan than a hockey fan. Off course, if I could get Center Ice for free I’ll take it.

What I wanted was free Showtime. When I signed up with Directv last February and had 3 free months of Starz, HBO and Showtime I got hooked on Dexter. ( With VOD I have seen the first three seasons ).

Well, the guy I spoke with said he could not give me Showtime for free. He could not or would not give me any deal on Center Ice. When I mention I have read on the SatelliteGuys people are getting Center Ice for free he denied that is happening.

After a few more minutes of friendly back and forth discussion he said as a gift from him to me he just gave me 3 free months of Showtime.

It appears there is no set policy. It all depends on who you speak with whether you get a deal on Center Ice or Showtime.

I called DirecTV today to find out what compensation they would give me for no longer having ALL the Chicago Blackhawks games.

I was not looking to get Center Ice for free. I am more of a Hawk fan than a hockey fan. Off course, if I could get Center Ice for free I’ll take it.

What I wanted was free Showtime. When I signed up with Directv last February and had 3 free months of Starz, HBO and Showtime I got hooked on Dexter. ( With VOD I have seen the first three seasons ).

Well, the guy I spoke with said he could not give me Showtime for free. He could not or would not give me any deal on Center Ice. When I mention I have read on the SatelliteGuys people are getting Center Ice for free he denied that is happening.

After a few more minutes of friendly back and forth discussion he said as a gift from him to me he just gave me 3 free months of Showtime.

It appears there is no set policy. It all depends on who you speak with whether you get a deal on Center Ice or Showtime.

Joe, You really need to read my thread about how to get credits and promos.

NHL CI free offer is strictly a rention offer if you want free center ice you basically have to be willing to say that your going to cancel DTV and leave for xyz to get versus.

It is always about talking to the right people for the right credit.

Joe, You really need to read my thread about how to get credits and promos.

NHL CI free offer is strictly a rention offer if you want free center ice you basically have to be willing to say that your going to cancel DTV and leave for xyz to get versus.

It is always about talking to the right people for the right credit.

Stonecold, I will read your thread. When my 3 free months of Showtime are over I hope the information you provide will help me get additional months of Showtime for free. ( Money is tight.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)