Free Cinemax for 1 month

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Dish Network now has Cinemax for free for 1 month. I was trying to get the Starz + HD Platinum added again, but they won't add it. Anyone had any luck the last day or so getting Starz + HD Plat?

Sure wish I knew the "programming code" to have it added to my account, lol.

How are you guys getting this? I don't see a way to add it to my account while logged into Dish's web site.

Cheers

Still on two of my accounts for my mom and for my aunt,but on my account it was turned off a year after we had it. My mom and aunt are working on three years now with penny Cinemax.

How are you guys getting this? I don't see a way to add it to my account while logged into Dish's web site.

Cheers

You have to request a CSR to add it. While you're there you can also ask the CSR if he/she has PPV coupons (depending on your luck you may get one or two).

Also, you need to be on paperless billing with autopay, otherwise, no way Jose.

I go through the dish chat... much easier for me to do at work. I also have a few online PPV coupons that I haven't used yet that expire in March so I didn't bother asking for 'em... Thanks for the tip on the promo...

You have to request a CSR to add it. While you're there you can also ask the CSR if he/she has PPV coupons (depending on your luck you may get one or two).

Also, you need to be on paperless billing with autopay, otherwise, no way Jose.

i got it today. At first, online CSR did not want to give it to me. But I pointed her to this link, so she gave me - the caveat is that I'll have to call within 1 month to cancel it, so that I don't have to pay the downgrade fee.

Be weary of adding Cinemax to your account.I went to chat room and told the rep I was inquiring about adding Cinemax to my account for the 1 month promo.He said ok and added it.Come to find out he took away all of my other channels.I had to reboot receiver and still was missing my programming.I was subscribed to at 250 free hd and had a free 3 mo platinum preview going.Needless to say I got another rep on the chat and after 40 minutes he straightened it out.Oh by the way I lost my free month trial to hd platinum.So is Cinemax really free?? I dont think so. I hope you guys have better luck than me.It now shows in my account a charge for 10 dollars for hd platinum.I also asked the 2 reps to put me on autocancel for Cinemax after the 1st month.They both said it would be removed automatically.We shall see.They are really sneaky.........

If the "Cinemax" option is NOT checked under My Programming, then it will auto cancel, as the price plan code they add to the account is $0 and automatically falls off.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. Just got off of chat and got signed up for it and a couple of PPV coupons to sweeten the deal.

And I did check on my account and it shows in the list of programming, but Cinemax is not checked in the programming part.

Yes, it does work. All you have to do is ask. You should see some type of line on your programming that says Cinemax along with one month free.

Thanks, OP. I thought they were only giving a month free for those who had issues with removed programming that was part of their programming pack when the HD Platinum free 3 months promo ended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts