FREE! Direct burial BUD cable to a good home

ayelvington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Russell, PA
I have a spool of BUD cable in my barn that I have been tripping over for too long. My BUD is installed, and I don't want/need what's on the spool. I suspect that there is still several hundred feet, but I don't know. The coax is good quality, and it includes the motor power, and also the control pairs for old school phase rotors.

It's free on a first-come-first-served basis. I won't ship it, but I will help you fit it in your car or pickup truck. I'm also willing to go as far as Erie PA to get rid of it.

I live in Russell PA. My only other choice is to scrap it for the copper, and that really rubs me the wrong way.

IMAG0302.JPGIMAG0303.JPG

I prefer direct email at al@happydogfarm.com. You'll owe me a hamburger if I have to drive to Erie! :) (It does fit in the back of my Subaru Forester.)

When I bought 75 ft of that stuff for my SAMI system a few years back I think it was around $1 a FOOT! Got mine from Skyvision. But yeah, if I was closer I'd definitely take that off your hands as I'm a "pack rat" like you've never seen!! ;)

You are too far for me to drive being in California. Just set up another bud and really had problems finding any 1 run wire. Do not scrap it yet someone should take it. LOVE MY BUDS.

Did you check with UPS to see if you could ship it on the spool like it is? They might ship it if you wrap the cable with plastic wrap like your wife uses in the fridge and that stuff isn't expensive.

Just looking for options here as it would be a shame to scrap it when the stuff is so hard to find and expensive when you do.

Oh, and that cable length is numbered so you can find out how much is on there by looking at the numbers on each end, "assuming" that you can find them that is.

I'm at 44017, might not be to bad to ship. I don't have a use for it just yet but will at some point! If you want to make a few bucks I'd pay for shipping to a business address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)