Free DVD Player

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Has anyone ever gotten that free portable dvd player "gimick" that directv was pushing a few months back? i signed up jan7/8th and have never gotten it, the csr's say that see that they got the paperwork back in feburary and i shoud be getting it soon. well its been another 3 months and still nothing, what do you guys think are my chances of calling retention and prying a free dvr (i own) out of their hands?

I got mine in not to long after i signed up. you had to be particular with your paperwork and do everything perfect to get it. Its just like a rebate and how you have to jump through hoops to get something back. I ectually thought it was a nice player for being free. only drawback was the 5 inch screen but otherwise it came with alot of extras like plugs to plug into a tv and use it as a stand alone dvd player and headphones and its also reversible and works like a tablet... not a bad deal

RIRWIN1983 said:
Has anyone ever gotten that free portable dvd player "gimick" that directv was pushing a few months back? i signed up jan7/8th and have never gotten it, the csr's say that see that they got the paperwork back in feburary and i shoud be getting it soon. well its been another 3 months and still nothing, what do you guys think are my chances of calling retention and prying a free dvr (i own) out of their hands?

That's a long time for sure. I joined in late April and sent in 3 seperate rebate forms.

1. Free DVD Player
2. $100 rebate (HD receiver)
3. $150 rebate ($10 off for 15 months)

I received the $100 rebate within 2 weeks of sending it in. I was @party. Never had rebates go that fast. So I'm expecting the DVD player to be the same way. It's been 4 weeks. THey say 6-8 weeks. I hope I don't get screwed.

It's good they said they got it, but....

Jhon69 said:
Got mine today 5-24-2006.I'm impressed it's a off brand but it has more features
than my RCA DVD player and plays good plus that other thing,it's Free!!!

yea, but when did you send it in?

who/what dept should i call and what is their number and how should i aproach it

I'd just call 1-800-494-4388 sorry it's the only number I know.Tell them your story
tell them you're upset which you are that they haven't followed thru with their
promise of a Free Portable DVD Player and it's been x amount of weeks and see
what they say.Personally I wouldn't ask for anything let them offer you also can tell them that you're a new customer and this sure doesn't look good for their customer service.If you still get nowhere tell them you'd like to speak to a manager.Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)