Free DVD Player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Has anyone ever gotten that free portable dvd player "gimick" that directv was pushing a few months back? i signed up jan7/8th and have never gotten it, the csr's say that see that they got the paperwork back in feburary and i shoud be getting it soon. well its been another 3 months and still nothing, what do you guys think are my chances of calling retention and prying a free dvr (i own) out of their hands?

I got mine in not to long after i signed up. you had to be particular with your paperwork and do everything perfect to get it. Its just like a rebate and how you have to jump through hoops to get something back. I ectually thought it was a nice player for being free. only drawback was the 5 inch screen but otherwise it came with alot of extras like plugs to plug into a tv and use it as a stand alone dvd player and headphones and its also reversible and works like a tablet... not a bad deal

RIRWIN1983 said:
Has anyone ever gotten that free portable dvd player "gimick" that directv was pushing a few months back? i signed up jan7/8th and have never gotten it, the csr's say that see that they got the paperwork back in feburary and i shoud be getting it soon. well its been another 3 months and still nothing, what do you guys think are my chances of calling retention and prying a free dvr (i own) out of their hands?

That's a long time for sure. I joined in late April and sent in 3 seperate rebate forms.

1. Free DVD Player
2. $100 rebate (HD receiver)
3. $150 rebate ($10 off for 15 months)

I received the $100 rebate within 2 weeks of sending it in. I was @party. Never had rebates go that fast. So I'm expecting the DVD player to be the same way. It's been 4 weeks. THey say 6-8 weeks. I hope I don't get screwed.

It's good they said they got it, but....

Jhon69 said:
Got mine today 5-24-2006.I'm impressed it's a off brand but it has more features
than my RCA DVD player and plays good plus that other thing,it's Free!!!

yea, but when did you send it in?

who/what dept should i call and what is their number and how should i aproach it

I'd just call 1-800-494-4388 sorry it's the only number I know.Tell them your story
tell them you're upset which you are that they haven't followed thru with their
promise of a Free Portable DVD Player and it's been x amount of weeks and see
what they say.Personally I wouldn't ask for anything let them offer you also can tell them that you're a new customer and this sure doesn't look good for their customer service.If you still get nowhere tell them you'd like to speak to a manager.Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts