Free DVR upgrade with Dish for current costumer??

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Fgsilva said:
Has anybody know a site/retailer/anything about getting a free DVR upgrade for Dish current costumers?
Yea its called "Dish it up", and is avalible though Dish. Just go to you account and www.dishnetwork.com the select "Equipment Upgrades" and it will tell you all about what it avalible to you. :)

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
thiggin2 said:
Yea its called "Dish it up", and is avalible though Dish. Just go to you account and www.dishnetwork.com the select "Equipment Upgrades" and it will tell you all about what it avalible to you. :)

Thanks. But I went there and actually the equipment is not free. It costs $299. I know that for new costumers they do it free, but I was wondering if there was anything available for current costumers.

FSilva

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Hmmm maybe it depends on the account. If I go to my account its avalible to me for free. I'd call Dish and see if Dish it up is avalible to you for free.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
thiggin2 said:
Hmmm maybe it depends on the account. If I go to my account its avalible to me for free. I'd call Dish and see if Dish it up is avalible to you for free.

yep, that IS odd. I currently have 4 receivers hooked up, one 811 and 3 standard, and I with the exception of Starz I have all their channels. I'll try giving them a call but I really hate their costumer service people cause normally they dont' really have a clue of anything!

Thanks again,

Fsilva

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
thiggin2 said:
Well I understand the CSR thing. Maybe you can try emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com and explain what your looking for, sometimes they can help alittle better. ;)

thanks. trying my luck now on the phone. they're so bad. when I moved I had to call them 3 times to finally get the free dish move program. By the way, what sytem/receivers do you have? If it's similar to what I have, maybe I can use that when telling them why they shoudl give me the free DVR upgrade!

Fsilva

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
I have a DVR510, 322, and a 301. I've been a subscriber since 96. But I bought my DVR from a freind for $50 which included a 301. :D
Oh and also have a Dish 500 and 300

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Fgsilva said:
Thanks. But I went there and actually the equipment is not free. It costs $299. I know that for new costumers they do it free, but I was wondering if there was anything available for current costumers.

FSilva
Actually, just like other wardrobe people, costumers get the same deal as customers. :D

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
MI_SAT said:
Which DVR were you hoping to get for free?

I wanted the 510. Or actually at this point any DVR would be OK. I'm tired of screwing up recording with my old VCRs and missing my shows!!!Called last night and the CSR said that the offer is normally only good for costumer who have been with dish for 12-18 months. Currently I'm on my 9th month. This sucks!!! I've been a good costumer so far, never late, bought 2 more receivers, have almost all their programming packs. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a few more months for the DVR then. :mad:

Fsilva

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
thiggin2 said:
I have a DVR510, 322, and a 301. I've been a subscriber since 96. But I bought my DVR from a freind for $50 which included a 301. :D
Oh and also have a Dish 500 and 300

Wow, that was a cheap DVR!!

Martianman68

Dec 1, 2004
Alpharetta, GA, USA
I'll have to check it out. I've been a subscriber since 1998, so I've still got two of the older units. I got a DVR last Father's Day, but kept my old unit so I'd have PIP. I would like to upgrade my upstairs unit to a DVR. That would help out when the wife and I battle over shows to record when they're one at the same time.

Oh, and hello to the boards from a newbie! Please be gentle!

cableman2

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 19, 2004
Fgsilva said:
Has anybody know a site/retailer/anything about getting a free DVR upgrade for Dish current costumers?

Thanks,

F :confused:

:eek: spellcheck....a very valuble option for dish costumers... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts