921 Trouble today!

ZawNH-VT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
What a day, 921 take too long to upgrade software etc so we decided to do the downloads at the shop before we get to customer.

We use DP34 w/ DP Twin for the downloads, after everything was working I took the receiver to customer location where He got DP34 /w a SuperDish. Fired up normally, but no picture. Went to point dish it just paused for like two mins then it said.. "You cannot use this feature becuase tuner 1 and 2 are not getting signals" "OK" when you hit OK everything goes blank and stop responding to everything. Unplugged, disconnected sat cabls and reboot and same thing. Left it unplug and went do to something else for like 20, come back and try again same thing. Both lines got good signal according to previous receiver.

It was taking too much time so just took it back to the shop and try it on the bench and it works like charm on DP34 /w DP Twin

I don't get it!@!@

Its going back to customer on monday. , I did a check swich without any sat cables so it complete forget all the switch setting. Hopefully that helps me out on monday.

I found this installing my 921. Run a check switch test with no sats connected. Then hook it up and run check switch again.

Yep, I agree, it was looking for the DP34 w/ DP Twin. Best solution is what Gerry suggested, run a check switch with no cables connected, reconnect and do the check switch again.

Michael

You know my installers had the same problem. They took a 921 to the customers house and brought it back to the shop and told me it was defective.

Im not sure what I did, I messed around with it, did a few hard resets by pulling the smart card and ran several check switches and finally got the thing to work :)

I didn't think I'd have this switch problem with mine. I took the two feeds off my 721 and put them on the 921. It was a no go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)