Free EA Upgrade just scheduled

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
Just wanted to let others know that the EA upgrades seem to be free for those currently with a 61.5/110/119 setup. I just completed a chat and was told the install would be completed at no charge to me and I do not have DHPP. I guess come Monday I'll start getting those few HD channels I've been missing...

Hopefully you wrote down the CSR's name and ID or saved the chat transcript.

I was promised a "free" dish repoint because of this, but the next day a $95 charge showed up on my bill. Thankfully, the executive office took care of it.

yea, I saved the chat dialogue, which includes the CSR name and ID and them stating that it would be completed at zero charge to me.

Just wanted to let others know that the EA upgrades seem to be free for those currently with a 61.5/110/119 setup. I just completed a chat and was told the install would be completed at no charge to me and I do not have DHPP. I guess come Monday I'll start getting those few HD channels I've been missing...

What about 110/119/129 with 77W wing dish?

That'll work, but E* probably won't do it. They want everyone to have a pure arc setup, either 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7/77, so that they can shuffle programming at will on either arc without making orphans. You might be able to talk the tech into doing it if there are LOS issues or you can add the 77W winger yourself. Pretty easy to do. Put up a D500 with a single or dual in an I bracket, point it at 77, run the cable from its LNB to the 1000.2 LNB IN port, and do a Check Switch on your receiver.

Interesting. I was in a chat earlier this week with tech support and at one point was offered an upgrade to EA for $15.00 ( I have dhpp) it included a free upgrade of the 322 (second receiver). It also included a 24 month commitment. I did not bite as this upgrade should be at no charge and require no commitment as the need is generated by the the company changing how it is delivering service not my asking for something over and above what is necessary to receive what I am paying for....we shall see what happens when I finally get the letter if I haven't downgraded to OTA.

ROss

That'll work, but E* probably won't do it. They want everyone to have a pure arc setup, either 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7/77, so that they can shuffle programming at will on either arc without making orphans. You might be able to talk the tech into doing it if there are LOS issues or you can add the 77W winger yourself. Pretty easy to do. Put up a D500 with a single or dual in an I bracket, point it at 77, run the cable from its LNB to the 1000.2 LNB IN port, and do a Check Switch on your receiver.

Laddy, I may have confused you, I have that set-up with 77W wing dish but just wondering if E* would do a free 1000.4 EA for me to eliminate the WA with wing dish. I could do it but current cables would have to be moved to other side of house to accommodate. I have a typical southern Arkansas backyard temporary wing dish on the ground just to get my locals. Local Radio shack dealer said he couldn't do it so I did it myself till I can make a decision. Either go EA or permanently find a spot to properly mount wing dish. I have two 722's but a third unit is a 311 so I would have to upgrade it as well before going EA.

Based on other postings and my own, you should be able to get Dish to switch you to the EA and upgrade the 311 to an mpeg4 receiver. I just did that yesterday.

As to getting it for free, well so far everything indicates they aren't going to do it for free. But there are some saying if you wait for Dish to notify you, then it is free including the swap of receivers, although you pick up a 2 year commit.

If the don't do it that way it is either $15 w/DHPP or $95 w/o plus the 2 year commit.

I scheduled the upgrade on Thursday...the CSR told me that it would be $15...then she told me there was a computer glitch, I don't have the service plan that it would actually be $95...so I told her to add the service plan and it dropped it down to $15 again

dish swapped first thing this morning, was told again that it would be free of charge...tech said that they have about 12000 of these to swap out in my region...

I was told that the cost to switch would be $15 by the CSR, but the tech that did the work said it was free. Since you can't see 'activity since last bill' anymore on the website, I guess I'll just have to wait for a new bill to generate to see which it is.

Either way, I'm a happy camper. Not only have the HD Locals, but also switched around my subscriptions a bit and cut $20 or so off my bill!

That'll work, but E* probably won't do it. They want everyone to have a pure arc setup, either 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7/77, so that they can shuffle programming at will on either arc without making orphans.

This is apparently not true. After chatting with the CSR last week, I THOUGHT that I would be switched from WA to EA to get the HD locals for the Monroe LA / El Dorado AR region. However, when the technician showed up, he said that he doesn't even have the 1000.4 setup to install.

Since I was ambivalent about whether switching from WA to EA would help or hurt, I let him install the wing dish. It seems to work fine with one receiver, but the other receiver has trouble locking on to channels on the wing dish. Haven't had a chance to perform routine troubleshooting yet, though.

This is apparently not true. After chatting with the CSR last week, I THOUGHT that I would be switched from WA to EA to get the HD locals for the Monroe LA / El Dorado AR region. However, when the technician showed up, he said that he doesn't even have the 1000.4 setup to install.

Since I was ambivalent about whether switching from WA to EA would help or hurt, I let him install the wing dish. It seems to work fine with one receiver, but the other receiver has trouble locking on to channels on the wing dish. Haven't had a chance to perform routine troubleshooting yet, though.

Odd, I was sure that Dish wanted pure arcs these days whenever possible.

About the problem, well it counts as an install, so there is a warranty with it I suspect. Call the installer and let them do the troubleshooting/fixing.

Dish would not let me do that. They told me I had to do a complete switch which sucks for me because that requires moving the location of my dish and I kind of like it where it is, out of site but able to get 110/119 & 129 no problem. I think I would also be able to get 77w from the same location but they want me to move the dish and get all new eqipment so I can get 61.5 etc. All this just so I can get the new HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)