Free Encore channels (e-mail from DISH)

joelwnelson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hazelwood, Missouri
A few days ago I got an email from DISH stating that in celebration of 30 years of business, they were giving free Encore channels for a year.

Dear Joel,

Your free Encore programming is now available.

To thank you for being a loyal customer—and in celebration of our 30 years in business—this is confirmation that Encore premium movie channels have been added to your account, free for the next 12 months. You may now enjoy hundreds of Encore movies every month on seven premium channels.

To get your free Encore, you don’t need to do a thing—no commitments, no requirements and the offer will be reflected on your monthly billing statement as "Encore – Free 12 mo."

Among the movies showing on Encore:

February March
The Karate Kid (Ch. 343)
Field of Dreams (Ch. 345)
The Bourne Identity (Ch. 344)
Chicago (Ch. 346)
Fried Green Tomatoes (Ch. 377)
Twister (Ch. 343)

To find out more information about your free programming, visit dish.com/thankyouencore.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

However, it's been a few days and they still don't show up. Anyone else received this email? Anyone else receiving the Encore channels yet?

A few days ago I got an email from DISH stating that in celebration of 30 years of business, they were giving free Encore channels for a year.

However, it's been a few days and they still don't show up. Anyone else received this email? Anyone else receiving the Encore channels yet?

OK, tell us which satellites you are looking at....

110, 119, 129.

Not a favorites list issue as they are red in the guide if I switch to all channels.

The Encore channels also do not show up in my account online like the email said they should. The free Starz channels do.

A reset did not change anything.

110, 119, 129.

Not a favorites list issue as they are red in the guide if I switch to all channels.

The Encore channels also do not show up in my account online like the email said they should. The free STARZ channels do.

A reset did not change anything.

My initial guess is our system gave out the gifts to each account based on the programming subscribed. It is possible the system recognized your programming and gave you STARZ on 2/1, but since the letter was sent out after the change it may have seen STARZ and assumed you were given Encore. What were you looking for?

I got the same e-mail last nite and they aren't turned on either.

I contacted Dish via chat and they said they did in fact send out Encore emails/cards to subscribers including ones that had Starz as well (whether this was in error or not, the chat rep didn't say). The rep also said that it didn't get automatically turned on for a number of accounts, so s/he had to do that manually.

I contacted Dish via chat and they said they did in fact send out Encore emails/cards to subscribers including ones that had Starz as well (whether this was in error or not, the chat rep didn't say). The rep also said that it didn't get automatically turned on for a number of accounts, so s/he had to do that manually.

I just did the chat thing with Dish and also got Encore free for a year in addition to Starz free for a year! Awesome!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)