Need help with wiring

starwatchr

Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
I have a 1000.2 dish with a VIP722 Receiver. I am at zip code 32757. The dish is aligned and I get a signal strength 70 to 80 on Satellite 119. I get the menu to download but when I try to view the channel, VIP tells "all signal is lost". Now the question do I need a DPP44 switch for the receiver to see the other sats 110 and 129 to have the programing. Any help is appreciated.

You don't need a DPP44, the 1000.2 LNB has a built in switch. RG-6 coax should be run from the LNB straight to the receiver (with a DPP separator splitting the "sat in" cable). Have you run a check switch test?

You don't need a DPP44, the 1000.2 LNB has a built in switch. RG-6 coax should be run from the LNB straight to the receiver (with a DPP separator splitting the "sat in" cable). Have you run a check switch test?

Thanks Matt for pointing me in the right direction. I do have programing now but it seems that I am not getting all the channel I should but I have not looked to deep into it, I,m happy just to see a moving picture..;) check switch did report that not all the sat were seen and program would be degraded. I take it this means the dish needs further alignment?? Does the switch test need to be done more then once or is once is enough. Again thanks for the help. Will let you know if I do find channels missing.

The check switch only needs to be run once, I'm betting the dish needs to be aligned more. How many green "OK"s do you show on the install summary, and what satellite numbers are above them? If you don't show 119/110/129, you're not getting all of your satellites which is why you would be missing programming.

The check switch only needs to be run once, I'm betting the dish needs to be aligned more. How many green "OK"s do you show on the install summary, and what satellite numbers are above them? If you don't show 119/110/129, you're not getting all of your satellites which is why you would be missing programming.

Matt, I am only getting 1 green on 119, the other two are X out. The kicker is, if I blind the 129 feed-horn with foil then I lose 119 but I can not get 119 to show up on the center horn where it is suppose to be for 119. Thinking bad lnb on 119 or bad switching.????

starwatchr said:
Matt, I am only getting 1 green on 119, the other two are X out. The kicker is, if I blind the 129 feed-horn with foil then I lose 119 but I can not get 119 to show up on the center horn where it is suppose to be for 119. Thinking bad lnb on 119 or bad switching.????

Your dish needs repointing. The wrong feedhorn is picking up the 119.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:

Matt; the op will need to do a check switch each time adjusts the dish, not just once. It sounds to me like he is pointing too far west if he's picking up 119 on the 129 port. Make sure you have a plumb and level mast. That's the most important thing for pointing your dish. Also check dishpointer.com, put in your zip for az & elevation.

Matt; the op will need to do a check switch each time adjusts the dish, not just once. It sounds to me like he is pointing too far west if he's picking up 119 on the 129 port. Make sure you have a plumb and level mast. That's the most important thing for pointing your dish. Also check dishpointer.com, put in your zip for az & elevation.
Well Jimmerinwi, I agree with the plumb and level mast, but there is one more important thing that is more important. I will tell later. I had bought this 1000.2 off a fellow. I could not understand why I was hitting the birds on one feed-horn and not hit the others. While frustrated and scratching my head, I looked at a picture of the satellite arc and the light went on. There is only 9 degrees and 10 degrees between the sats and that means almost evenly distanced feed horns. Well you may have guess it by now, this man had sold me a 1000.4 instead of the 1000.2. Placed it on the Eastern Arc and bimb, bang , thank you mame. The most important thing is know your equipment!!! LOL Thanks all for the help, sorry that my 1980's skills did not kick in sooner. It been a long time not installing a sat dish but back then the where much bigger......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts