Free EPIX 1 and 2

OK let me rephrase it then ;)

Everyone who has an address in the lower 48 has it in freeview in HD (as long as you have HD)...if you have SD only you get Epix 1
Hawaii, PR, Alaska, USVI its anyones guess what ya got ;)

How much does this station cost?

Showtime use to carry Paramount and Liongate movies and now EPIX got those, Showtime really has no good movies on...not too many big studios.

HBO/CINEMAX
20th Century Fox
Warner Brothers
Universal
New Line

STARZ/ENCORE
Disney/sub sudios
Columbia/Tri-Star

SHOWTIME
Dimension
The studio that produce Twilight saga

I just check my account today and noticed without me changing anything I am given Epix 1 and 2 free for 3 months.Anyone else getting?

Yes, I noticed this yesterday in the monthly charges section.
It says for 3 months, but I do not know when it started; or why.
The current free preview is from today to the ninth of October( three days).

Yes, Epix is on Free Preview for all, but as the OP says, I also have a line item on my account: Epix (3 mo) $0.00, which isn't the same as a Free Preview...or is it? I've never seen a free preview last for 3 months, unless it was added manually to an account as a line item.

I dont have the epix 3 month free line item in my account. What is the logic dish is using. I will surely like to get the same 3 month free

I PMed Mary (DIRT) about this yesterday and found out it is a loyalty program initiated by Dish on Oct 1 and will run for 3 months. Thanks Dish Network!

Epix is owned by Lionsgate, MGM, and Paramount. Those studios and most of their owned smaller companies provide movies to Epix. These companies were once the three main suppliers to Showtime & The Movie Channel. For those of you thinking about the Blockbuster Movie Pass, Epix 1 & 2 come with that subscription, as long as you have HD. As for the SD free preview, I knew of a free preview for Epix 1, but I thought that it was HD.

EDIT

I just realized that I didn't see the SD Epix, because my guide is set up to only show the HD feed.

Last edited:
don't see it either. channels are coming in though.

Showtime still shows 3month w/ auto-removal
HBO 3month no longer shows up w/ auto-removal. It used to be there and it better auto-remove!

Epix is cool, and hopefully they will let us know what exactly is going on.

Epix is owned by Lionsgate, MGM, and Paramount. Those studios and most of their owned smaller companies provide movies to Epix. These companies were once the three main suppliers to Showtime & The Movie Channel. For those of you thinking about the Blockbuster Movie Pass, Epix 1 & 2 come with that subscription, as long as you have HD. As for the SD free preview, I knew of a free preview for Epix 1, but I thought that it was HD.

EDIT

I just realized that I didn't see the SD Epix, because my guide is set up to only show the HD feed.

A few days ago, the SD version of EPIX1 just showed up in my custom program guide requiring me to remove it.

Epix for 3 months (0.00) shows on my account and I know I had the programming last Thursday afternoon and thru the free preview period but it went dark when the free preview ended, anyone else still showing Epix for 3 months on their account not have the programming? I wonder if I should have this now or if it will be activated in a day or two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)