Free HBO and Showtime promo question?

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I thought I'd heard about people getting HBO an Showtime free for a few months when they signed a contract for 2 years. However, when I called to add Showtime today she told me since I had a valid email on the account I could qualify for that programming with HBO and Showtime free from 3 months and that there would be no contracts. Is this correct? I looked online and see the promo but don't see that it says about a contract. Just want to make sure I didn't get locked into a contract.
Thanks.

There is no contract associated with this promo. They were offering it via the website and commercials, stating that if you provide your email address to DISH they would give you HBO/Showtime for free (3 months) at no extra charge to you.

Keep in mind though that to avoid incurring any fees associated with those subscriptions, you must cancel before the 3 months is up, so make a note of when the channels became active.

Hope it helps!

Yeah, I know about the having to cancel before then but since I plan to keep showtime for a while I may just cancel HBO. In the past they have been good about waiving the downgrade fee also I have to say.

Has anybody gotten this promo more than once? I read on website about not having it in the last six months as a qualification. I called and was told that it is 18 months before you can get it again. He could'nt explain the difference. Oh well, I did not get it......

This is where csr need to be on the same page. I have been told I did qualify....three different time. No new programming appeared in my guide. Have been told that would not qualify because I had the last promo (Starz and HBO). Also been told I would qualify 6 months after I had the last promo which it has been 8 months since that time. I still do not have it. I am not sure which csr was correct!!!

They told me I can sign up for 3 months free of showtime or Starz. I signed up for Showtime, but it only shows up in my standard receiver. My other HD receivers says "Not purchased" I called support, and customer support tried to remove from my account and added back and still not working. My case was transferred to technical support pending resolution. Any idea why I can view only on standard receiver and not on HD receivers.

(wrong post. Promotional offer I signed up was for Directv)

Last edited:
Keep in mind though that to avoid incurring any fees associated with those subscriptions, you must cancel before the 3 months is up, so make a note of when the channels became active.

Also, watch when you add into your billing cycle. Try to do it near the beginning due to the way Dish charges for it and then "credits" your account for the promo. It gets a little confusing so keep an eye on it.

Good luck getting the same offer when you call back. If not, try CSR roulette until it comes back up.

I had it (HBO&Starze) last Oct, Nov and Dec. Have called and chated several times to try to get it again but no luck. I wonder if they can see what you asked for or talked about to CSR the last time you called? If so, I'm pretty much ^%#%@#^%!!!!

I may just keep calling till I get a CSR that don't give a hoot. I'm eventually going to get HBO. Maybe they'll offer me something then......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)