FREE HBO/STARZ/SHOWTIME/CINEMAX 01/08/2015-01/11/2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Had already seen this in my monthly newsletter. Wouldn't pay a plugged nickel for any of these services, but I do take advantage of the free previews to record a few movies each time to have something to watch during those times when there is nothing else worthwhile. When the Dexter series ended, I cancelled Showtime and vowed never again. There are plenty of good shows on the regular networks and cable/satellite channels without paying for the same dreary movies being shown over and over again. The good movies are few and far between. Granted, there are some good original series there, but not worth the monthly fee for a handful of shows each month.

Had already seen this in my monthly newsletter. Wouldn't pay a plugged nickel for any of these services, but I do take advantage of the free previews to record a few movies each time to have something to watch during those times when there is nothing else worthwhile. When the Dexter series ended, I cancelled Showtime and vowed never again. There are plenty of good shows on the regular networks and cable/satellite channels without paying for the same dreary movies being shown over and over again. The good movies are few and far between. Granted, there are some good original series there, but not worth the monthly fee for a handful of shows each month.
Thats why a lot of people will go with One Movie channel that they like the best. Your not out nearly the amount of money.

Thats why a lot of people will go with One Movie channel that they like the best. Your not out nearly the amount of money.

My biggie is TCM, and not just because I am a cheapskate. But that is a happy coincidence too. (as a "Choice" customer)

edit: meant "choice", not "select"

And none of them ARE worth a plugged nickel. Every single one of them at some point have interrupted the credits or put bugs on the screen. I saw some "weekend extender" flash on the screen during Aliens on Encore. You get a stupid Banshee hashtag that just stays during the entire episodes on Cinemax.

Every single one of them at some point have interrupted the credits or put bugs on the screen.
Showtime Networks has been significantly better about this then in the past. First of all, the digital on screen logos were reduced in size on all their owned networks. The primary flagship East/West channels, Showcase, and Sho 2 only show the logo on the top/bottom of the hour for 1 minute. The remaining channels do have the logo on screen all of the time but it was reduced in size significantly a while back. I also have not seen them modifying the credits at the end of original programming in a while. They show the next episode teasers in full screen after the credits are complete. I haven't noticed any other promos popping up in the right or left corners during movies or original shows on screen either. They also air everything that they have in their library in original aspect ratio (OAR), when they have it available.

I haven't seen any digital onscreen graphics on screen whatsoever when downloaded from Showtime On Demand.

Again, though I'm only speaking about Showtime specifically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)