Using an iPad an watching TV progaming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevegd007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
San Deigo, Southern Calif.
OK I installed the Direct TV app from Apple. I can watch On Demand stuff, but I would like to just watch a regular TV Local programs on the iPad. The Direct TV app will only allow me to watch on the TV not the iPad...even though I have set in the setting menu under whole home to "allow". Any idea what happened to "whole home" viewing when the app will not allow local TV viewing on a iPad?
Help.

You would need to install a Slingbox unit at your home, so that you can watch local programming and recorded shows on your DVR, while away from the house.

Looking at your comments an doing some research I see for the best choice for some remote TV viewing would be the Slingbox M1 with an iPad app on the iPad an iPhone. I could then watch local TV stations an Local Sporting events.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Broe67
Looking at your comments an doing some research I see for the best choice for some remote TV viewing would be the Slingbox M1 with an iPad app on the iPad an iPhone. I could then watch local TV stations an Local Sporting events.
Thoughts?
Yep. As long as your upload speed on your home network is good and steady. I have 4 mps and get a very good hd pic on my iPad and droid tablet at work. My download speed at work is only 3mps BTW.

Reactions: Broe67
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)