Prog recordings from a thin client, with a mixed Genie/regular DVR's setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by dishrich, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dishrich

dishrich Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

OK, I remember that on an H2x series (non-DVR) receiver, when you went to the guide to set a recording & you have multiple DVR's w/WHD, it would prompt you to select which DVR you wanted that show to record on. Unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to try this with the thin clients, (C31/41, etc.) with a Genie & other DVR's on the same system. My questions are:

When you prog a show from a thin client, does it prompt you which DVR to record to - or does it ALWAYS record to the Genie?

And, does the same thing happen from an H2x series receiver on a mixed Genie/DVR setup?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer SatelliteGuys Pro

Cx1 are slaves of the Genie, not the Whole Home. They can only do what the Genie does with some limitations.

3. coolman302003

coolman302003 SatelliteGuys Pro

It will always record to the Genie

No, on a H2x series non-DVR receiver it will ask you which DVR to record to in this case since you have multiple DVRs. It will not however allow you to pad recordings with additional time, etc IOW only the default settings will be implemented when set from a H2x receiver.

4. JohnL

JohnL Pub Member / Supporter

Completely correct, but you can use a Tablet or Phone App to set up timers to any DVR's that are connected to your Whole Home Network.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Separate names with a comma.

More...