Status
Please reply by conversation.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Can anyone confirm how long the free hd access with auto pay is good for. I had spoken with 2 different csrs today and according to both of them they claim hd access under the new promo is free for only 12 months with auto pay. If this is the case, where in the fine print is it?

I was going to switch from Dish to DTV, but if HD goes away after 12 or 24 months I will stay with Dish for HD for life.

they say 24 months but in a year who knows what HD promo they'll offer...maybe included in price :)

If that is stopping you from possibly changing, then you really dont want to change (if something like that is available 2 years from now)

I checked with DTV and was informed that HD was for as long as you had choice xtra or higher with auto pay.

For the last year, every one of my bills would show a $10 credit for the HD Access. The latest bill no longer shows the credit. However, I have an email dated July 20, 2010 from DirecTV stating that I will get free HD access for 2 Years. Apparently, they are trying to enforce the new 1 year promo mentioned at the top of this thread without regard to their previous agreement (maybe they hope I trashed the email?). I'll go through the wonderful experience of calling them to either get this straightened out or dump $10 worth of service that I had added when I first got the discount. In any event, keep an eye on your monthly bill for the unheralded drop of the credit!

For the last year, every one of my bills would show a $10 credit for the HD Access. The latest bill no longer shows the credit. However, I have an email dated July 20, 2010 from DirecTV stating that I will get free HD access for 2 Years. Apparently, they are trying to enforce the new 1 year promo mentioned at the top of this thread without regard to their previous agreement (maybe they hope I trashed the email?). I'll go through the wonderful experience of calling them to either get this straightened out or dump $10 worth of service that I had added when I first got the discount. In any event, keep an eye on your monthly bill for the unheralded drop of the credit!

calm down. Its a known issue and they are fixing it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/258239-another-check-your-bill-thread.html

Turns out it's a system wide problem. LOTS of customers have had their credit stop after one year. They told me I'd have to wait for next month to get the credit showing on my bill.

If it's 1 year, 2 or whatever, it should be spelled out in black & white so the end user knows what he or she is getting into. It could be a deal breaker for some including myself.

Are you looking at the whole statement ?
D* puts the services you get up top, then the fees and then towards the bottom the Adjustments.
That is where you'll see your HD credit.
At least thats where mine was, I just checked to make sure it was there, and it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts