Free HD DVR and HD receiver with MRV but not if you add 2nd HD DVR on D* website?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedamaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay can some one help me out with this one?

If I have one HD Receiver and one HD DVR in my cart they have no equipment cost.
If I have two HD Receiver and one HD DVR in my cart I pay $49 for the 2nd receiver
If I have one HD Receiver and two HD DVRs I am now charged for the second DVR and receiver, $99 and $49.

This doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't the HD receiver still be free with the 2nd DVR in the cart?

Any help is appreciated I tried the D* website chat but they just tried to change the subject and tell me I don't need a 2nd DVR.

Here's a simpler breakdown if the above is confusing.

scenario 1
HD DVR free
HD Rec free

scenario 2
HD DVR free
HD Rec free
HD Rec $49

scenario 3
HD DVR Free
HD Rec $49 (what happened to the free rec?)
HD DVR $99

True is sounds odd; maybe there is a disclaimer in the fine print, but I do not know. You should try CALLING them. True you don't "need" the 2nd HD DVR with MRV, but I know that's not the point if you want it.

I looked for fine print but couldn't find anything. After dealing with the CSR on chat I hope calling in yields better results.

Either way if I order online I get $100 back from my credit union which out weighs saving the $49 by calling in.

If you think about it, it's still a deal. Regular price on a receiver is $99 and DVR is $199. So look at it as you're getting the 1st DVR and receiver for free, and saving $50 on the second DVR. Or, your getting the DVR and the 1st receiver free and saving $50 on the second receiver. It's $50 off no matter how you configure it. It's just clever advertising - $99 and $49 looks better than $149

I agree it's still a good deal, heck if I'd had ordered this time last month I would have payed $250 for the same equipment.

Just seems a little odd, almost like they are penalizing me for wanting a 2nd DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)