The Calling DirecTV to cancel NFL ST deals thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Who is cancelling NFL ST this year?

I am planning to cancel NFL ST this year..
I do not want to be stuck with a full subscription and possibly not a full season.
AS of now I don't even know if we are going to have an actual season this year.

I saw on my billing statement that the ST Charge is coming up, I better cancel it soon.

Edit, I just found out on the directv website:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfllabor

We at DIRECTV love football. That's why for over 15 years, DIRECTV has been the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, the only way to watch your favorite teams no matter where you live. And DIRECTV will continue to be the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. Like all football fans, we are hoping for a positive resolution to the current NFL labor negotiations. And when the NFL is ready to play, we will be ready to bring you every game every Sunday.
If the NFL negotiations result in a shortened or canceled season, rest assured that DIRECTV has you covered. Your subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is risk-free: You will not pay for any game that the NFL does not play.*
Please return to this page for the latest updates and news concerning your NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ subscription.

no need; you will be credited or it will stay at 0.00. Killing your rebill will likely take you out of early bird AND you will not be eligible for promo. No need to jump the gun.

Also, see this announcement.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 340
Pretty sure the included at no extra cost is in reference to the new customer offer, free NFLST with Choice Ultimate or above.

Yep, for new customers, when it says existing customers it just gets you to the place where you can add NFL ST...for a cost (if there is a season).

i canceled it last year and have no plans to renew this year

Wondering if someone were able to have four different dma's could you get all the games on ST? (Sorry for trending off main point)

Got this email today:

Don't worry fans—you won't pay until they play

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™
Dear ....,

Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ subscription is set to automatically renew for the 2011 season. Due to the NFL's uncertain labor situation, DIRECTV is offering all
subscribers a no-risk policy. There will be absolutely no charge for your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription until it is confirmed that the 2011 NFL season will begin.

What happens with your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute?

• A balance of $0.00 will show for the NFL SUNDAY TICKET portion of your bill.
• Once an agreement is reached, your subscription will renew for six easy payments of $53.99 each, plus five monthly payments of $9.99 each for NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go.
• If any games are cancelled from the season schedule, the balance on your bill will be adjusted accordingly.

For more information about your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription during the dispute, please visit directv.com/nfllabor.

I got an email today, saying my early bird is set for renewal, but won't be charged till an agreement is reached, and if reached and missed games, we get credited for missed games.

I also received the same email today. Each year I do debate if the ticket is something I should renew then I cave in and get it. Though without starting a red zone vs Sunday ticket war some times I think I would be good with just redone stand alone

I've subscribed to ST since 2001, but unfortunately I'm going to cancel this year as we need to cut down on expenses and the price has climbed to a staggering $325! IIRC, we paid $200 for the package back in 2001. We are only interested in watching the Giants games, and last year I believe 12 of them aired on national or regional television here in Detroit. We ended up paying $300 to watch 4 Giants games. :( This year my best guess is that only 6-7 Giants games will air on our standard TV package, but the price of ST has simply climbed too high.

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel using DirecTV's website? I don't see the option to cancel sports packages--only add them.

I've subscribed to ST since 2001, but unfortunately I'm going to cancel this year as we need to cut down on expenses and the price has climbed to a staggering $325! IIRC, we paid $200 for the package back in 2001. We are only interested in watching the Giants games, and last year I believe 12 of them aired on national or regional television here in Detroit. We ended up paying $300 to watch 4 Giants games. :( This year my best guess is that only 6-7 Giants games will air on our standard TV package, but the price of ST has simply climbed too high.

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel using DirecTV's website? I don't see the option to cancel sports packages--only add them.

In regards to cancelling, You have to do it by calling, they have changed the website in that any time you may want to cancel or change a package you have to call other then adding so they can maybe offer you something to keep??

The Giants ... were on 12 of 16 games on national or reg. in the Detroit market ?????

I find that very hard to believe as I too am in that market ..... you get the Loins on one channel and a AFC team (normally) on the other ... That would mean that the Giant had to play 12 @ 4 pm games last year , with 8 home games, maybe 2 were at 4 maybe .... I don't buy your statement.

Btw, if you decide to actually GO to a game or two, you'll spend more than the cost of the ST.

Go down to the bar for 8 games and see how much more you spend over the cost of the ST.

I've had the ST since it began back in the late 80's I think it was, maybe early '90's .... the first year I bought it, it was $ 79

The Giants ... were on 12 of 16 games on national or reg. in the Detroit market ?????

I find that very hard to believe as I too am in that market ..... you get the Loins on one channel and a AFC team (normally) on the other ... That would mean that the Giant had to play 12 @ 4 pm games last year , with 8 home games, maybe 2 were at 4 maybe .... I don't buy your statement.

Btw, if you decide to actually GO to a game or two, you'll spend more than the cost of the ST.

Go down to the bar for 8 games and see how much more you spend over the cost of the ST.

I've had the ST since it began back in the late 80's I think it was, maybe early '90's .... the first year I bought it, it was $ 79
Hi Jimbo. There were a lot of Giants games shown in the Detroit market last year, but you're right that it wasn't quite 12. I looked up both the Giants and Lions schedules, and there were only 5 conflicts (same time, same network). I am certain that at least 8 games were shown (4 of these were prime time games), and it could have been as many as 10. Unfortunately this year's schedules don't line up as favorably, and there will probably only be 4-5 Giants games shown locally.

I understand what you're saying about the ST price being reasonable if you compare it to attending a game or going to the bars. However, I have a 2-year-old and a newborn right now, and with the limited amount of time I have I don't anticipate doing either of those things. My wife stopped working to take care of the kids, so we really need to cut out some expenses. If D* offers me a significant discount when I go to cancel, I'll consider keeping it. Maybe I can get my brother to chip in for it since he usually comes over for the games. :)

Hi Jimbo. There were a lot of Giants games shown in the Detroit market last year, but you're right that it wasn't quite 12. I looked up both the Giants and Lions schedules, and there were only 5 conflicts (same time, same network). I am certain that at least 8 games were shown (4 of these were prime time games), and it could have been as many as 10. Unfortunately this year's schedules don't line up as favorably, and there will probably only be 4-5 Giants games shown locally.

I understand what you're saying about the ST price being reasonable if you compare it to attending a game or going to the bars. However, I have a 2-year-old and a newborn right now, and with the limited amount of time I have I don't anticipate doing either of those things. My wife stopped working to take care of the kids, so we really need to cut out some expenses. If D* offers me a significant discount when I go to cancel, I'll consider keeping it. Maybe I can get my brother to chip in for it since he usually comes over for the games. :)

There ya go, tell your Brother that the Ticket cost you about $ 350 a year and with your added expenses within your household now, see if he'll split the cost with you, thats $ 175, then call D* and see what the best price is that you can get.

If your Bro doesn't like it, just cancel it, sounds like you have a better use for the money anyways !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)