The Calling DirecTV to cancel NFL ST deals thread.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well since its almost NFL season.....(hoping they play of course).
Has anyone called DirecTV to cancel NFL ST?
If so did the reps offer you any discounts?
If you did please share with the rest of us. :devil:

I called and cancelled. No discounts were offered. I plan to call in the fall and try to get the Sunday Ticket standalone. Quite a few posters in dbstalk got it last year even though its not supposed to be available. I live in the Philly area and get NY channels on cable so I get enough good games without the Ticket. If D* doesn't come through I'm ready to switch to Dish and get the NFL Network's Redzone with the Sports Pack.

I called and cancelled. No discounts were offered. I plan to call in the fall and try to get the Sunday Ticket standalone. Quite a few posters in dbstalk got it last year even though its not supposed to be available. I live in the Philly area and get NY channels on cable so I get enough good games without the Ticket. If D* doesn't come through I'm ready to switch to Dish and get the NFL Network's Redzone with the Sports Pack.

So your gonna dump D* and then try to get ST ?

Good luck with that.

Every sport package requires a regular programming package, it's been that way for many years now.

Otherwise, people would get JUST the ST .... why would a programmer let you do that, with NOTHING else.
Would be a backwards step as a company.
Now they have you when you want the ST.

Then again, here's an idea ....
Drop the price of ST to about $ 200 (including HD and the other RZ and Sunday Snap and what not)
Then, sell ST as a Stand Alone for $400.

What would you be willing to pay for ST as a STAND ALONE product ?

They have NO REASON to sell a Stand Alone product for less than what it go for to the people that also have Programming packages.

Then again, here's an idea ....
Drop the price of ST to about $ 200 (including HD and the other RZ and Sunday Snap and what not)
Then, sell ST as a Stand Alone for $400.

What would you be willing to pay for ST as a STAND ALONE product ?

They have NO REASON to sell a Stand Alone product for less than what it go for to the people that also have Programming packages.

I goofed on my original post. Replace Sunday Ticket standalone with Red Zone Channel standalone and re-read.

I think I could just live with redone I have seen the NFL redzone channel. But again with Sunday ticket if there is a big matchup or a colts game (outside of our hometown lions I enjoy catching colts games) it's nice to have that option

Has anyone been successful yet on getting a discount for NFL-ST yet for this year (existing subscribers).
I hear people have to call back closer to the season (I think we are close enough now) to call them to ask them for discounts.

What are you looking to get a discount on / or for? I don't understand how cancelling NFL ST or the looming non-season effects discount offerings.

Your looking to get a discount on something that might not even be available ...
I doubt D* would give out ANY discounts on then ST till they KNOW that there will be a season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)