Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
My dad just got a flyer in the mail. I havent seen this advertised before.

It goes on to list all the things you can get with D* if you sign up. There are the obvious things like Free installation, Free DVR Receiver, ect, but it also lists a free HD-DVR receiver (not one or the other), it even shows a picture of the HRseries, and gives specs. It says, "upgrade, ask how" and "$199 value". This is the first time I have seen them advertise a FREE HD_DRV.

Might be something worth checking into for new people.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Edit: The fine print says Free HD-DVR upgrade with activation of Premier package when you purchase NFL Sunday Ticket for $74.99 for 4 months.

I wonder if you have to keep premier for 4 months, or pay for sunday ticket in 4 month installments

I just got that specific deal. Below is what they set me up with. Too bad I have to wait until 10/30 for installation. My understand before I added Center Ice my monthly bill will be $69.98 before taxes. I have a referral from someone who has had Direct for 6+ years. I will get the Premium Package for 4 Months for Free for Doing the NFL ticket.
DIRECTV DVR Service_R15 (Rolls to offer 005 on month 5) 1 Free Welcome to DIRECTV _2008 Q3 Offer 064 B5712/64 1 Free PREMIER Free 4 Months Free P2244/71 1 Free HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free GAME LOUNGE 1st Month with 2nd Month Free R6185/12 1 Free NFL SUNDAY TICKET New Customer Offer: 4 Payment R6981/25 1 Free NHL CENTER ICE: 2008-09 Early Bird in 4 Payments R100312/9 1 Free DIRECTV Satellite Dish 1 Free Standard Professional Install 1 Free DIRECTV DVR 1 Free DIRECTV DVR 1 $99.00 Handling 1 Free Standard Professional Install 1 Free DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free

Not to hijack the thread but in search I came across where you can have the NFL ticket billed over 11 months. Is this possible? It would be nice to divide the $299.99 hit over that period of time. Still cheaper than cable when added to my package I choose. This is of course looking to the 2009 season.

Yes, you can get a free HDDVR as a new customer, but it doesn't require NFL Sunday ticket or Preimer. You just need to order HD and DVR service.

I just got my fourth ad/letter in as many months. That deal has been out there for a while.

I know you CAN get them, I in fact got two for free over the couple of years I have had them, I simply had not seen this advertisement before. I wasnt aware that it was out for a while. I see that it has been though.

EDIT:

This particular one states that you must add premier and sunday ticket, it doesnt say anything about just having HD service and DVR service. Perhaps they are running different promotions at the same time?

This particular one states that you must add premier and sunday ticket, it doesnt say anything about just having HD service and DVR service. Perhaps they are running different promotions at the same time?

Its the same promo. D* likes to sell the same promo several different ways and sometimes they leave details out. DVR service comes with premier, so that's covered. I'd be interested to see if you can get the HDDVR even if you don't get HD access. I'll have to look into that.

DVR service comes with premier, so that's covered.

Unless they've recently added that back in Premier package no longer includes the DVR service fee. If you had Premier before they pulled the fee out then you're grandfathered else you will be paying it.

Unless they've recently added that back in Premier package no longer includes the DVR service fee. If you had Premier before they pulled the fee out then you're grandfathered else you will be paying it.
It hasnt been as far as I know

They probably put it back in. Go through the website and configure a new install with Premier. Add a DVR (or HDDVR obviously) receiver and the DVR service will be added to your order with a price $0.00. That's what I was going off of at this point.

I will have to check that, this would be the first i have heard of it though

I'd call and ask a CSR, but chances are if I called 3 times, I would get one who said it was, one who said it wasn't and a third who didn't know what DVR is. I have other sources that I can go to that should be able to tell me for sure. Sorry in advance if I turn out to be wrong. :)

As for the DVR fee, I think the NFL promo waived the DVR fee for the 4 months of premier.

It has not been put back into the premier package as free.

'Bout time. Not that I'm thinking of switching, but everytime I looked into it, this would have messed up the deal. I don't want to drop another two-hundred bucks for the equipment to replace my 622. Now it's still 100 bucks as I still have to buy an SD DVR for my SDTV. But it is better. That could help lure some Dish customers.

I just got in nfl package and i got the Nascar Hotpass for the rest of the season and the Superfan option free just for asking not bad.

As for the DVR fee, I think the NFL promo waived the DVR fee for the 4 months of premier.

It has not been put back into the premier package as free.
Yeah, it probably is still a continuation of that promo. I did confirm that it does show the $0.00 price when ordering premier through a dealer and not just through the normal website online. I wish they would show it as a credit like they do with the other promos so it would be clearer.

I noticed this deal on the Directv homepage on October 8, and people that are posting here now said then "what are you talking about, current deal runs until october 31st" WHATEVER.......;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)