Free HD DVR..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pk6301

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2013
NW Pa
I was on the Direct website checking my account last night, I went to the my equipment section. Just for giggles I tried to order a Genie via the website, it popped up and said call the 1-800 number... no biggie.. so I pressed the HD DVR button and it added to my cart. I went to the cart, and to my surprise the cost was $0.00 (special offer ).

I could have had the DVR shipped to me, I went with having an installer come out. This new equipment will replace a H25 in my sons room. I just want to make sure I have the right splitters..ect..ect.. I removed the cinema connection kit that Direct had added (that saved $99 ).

Now the question is which HD DVR will he get, my luck he will get a HR 24 which will trump my HR23.

Now the question is which HD DVR will he get, my luck he will get a HR 24 which will trump my HR23.

Hr21,22,23,24 are all in the same "DVR family" so it could be any of them...just whatever the tech has on the truck

Hr21,22,23,24 are all in the same "DVR family" so it could be any of them...just whatever the tech has on the truck

Agreed, but I know the Hr24 has a slight edge over the Hr23.. We will see on Monday morning..

I know..It is the luck of the draw..but there is one small advantage..I do not qualify to replace my HR23 for a Genie (and I cannot afford the $290 price) I will find out which model they are installing in Erie Pa.

I know..It is the luck of the draw..but there is one small advantage..I do not qualify to replace my HR23 for a Genie (and I cannot afford the $290 price) I will find out which model they are installing in Erie Pa.

You can always bribe the tech to perform a "service swap" on the older HDDVR for a newer model if he has one on his truck. Just an idea

You can always bribe the tech to perform a "service swap" on the older HDDVR for a newer model if he has one on his truck. Just an idea

I know the HR23 is the somewhat "orphan" of the DVR family, but it has been a good unit. But just in case I do get a wild hair tomorrow, I should transcode some of my sons saved movies to the GenieGo memory.

Of course I just had this moment of clarity, If the installer does bring a bigger, badder, better, DVR I can just move the HR23 to my sons room and take the new one ( Imminent Domain Rules !!! MY y House, My Rules !! (( IF MY WIFE LETS ME )) :)

Of course I just had this moment of clarity, If the installer does bring a bigger, badder, better, DVR I can just move the HR23 to my sons room and take the new one ( Imminent Domain Rules !!! MY y House, My Rules !! (( IF MY WIFE LETS ME )) :)

I already said to do that!!! :D

I am sure you already know this, but of course this means a new 2 year commitment.

I am sure you already know this, but of course this means a new 2 year commitment.

I know, I am not going anywhere anytime soon..Dish has done me wrong in the past, so they are n8t an option..TWC is a joke, so that is not an option ( I only deal with TWC for internet, but only out of necessity )

The installer called at 7:45 this morning, arrived at 8..checked the signsl strength and determined that the LMB was bad so he changed it, and then installed a HR24. .

We rebooted the HR23 in the Living room and the HR24... the 24 boots 2X faster..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)