Free HD for life

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phxbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I signed up in August. Just got this email. Thank you dish!

Congratulations! To demonstrate how much we appreciate you, beginning in November, DISH is giving you high definition television for FREE for as long as you're a DISH customer! This replaces the HD Free for 24 Months offer you were receiving. We care about you and your television viewing experience, and we are delighted to provide you exceptional programming in high definition, saving you $120 a year.

Sounds like DISH got the message that charging new subs after 24 months for HD access is a recipe for CHURN BIG TIME! Now they can issue these nice little emails, that make it LOOK like they really care about your as a customer and they are offering you something of monetary value :$120.00 a year. This reminds me of the policy that they had years back that if you plugged in your phone line to your receiver : YOU SAVED $5.00 was posted on your bill . Boy the bean counters are always trying to come up with new ways to spin their DISH policies.:rolleyes:

Sounds like DISH got the message that charging new subs after 24 months for HD access is a recipe for CHURN BIG TIME! Now they can issue these nice little emails, that make it LOOK like they really care about your as a customer and they are offering you something of monetary value :$120.00 a year. This reminds me of the policy that they had years back that if you plugged in your phone line to your receiver : YOU SAVED $5.00 was posted on your bill . Boy the bean counters are always trying to come up with new ways to spin their DISH policies.:rolleyes:
You were saving $5 which is why so many people got upset when that was rolled into the single Receiver fee and could no longer be saved.

The bean counters in my state just voted to double the state gasoline tax. Apparently, the do not realize that by adding an additional 19 cents to a gallon of gas will cost them money instead of raising money, because many folks will just not drive as much if gas were less expensive.

Gas prices has been proven to not really adjust the overall average driving. I mean, you may be swayed not to go on a vacation, but you're gonna drive the same amount to get to work and back. They may collect on sales tax or any other taxes and registration if it pushes people to edge towards getting more economical cars, especially if they buy new. Raising gas tax typically is beneficial, but double is pretty friggin high for an increase. Adding on say 3-6 cents per gallon would be a profitable increase for them.

The bean counters in my state just voted to double the state gasoline tax. Apparently, the do not realize that by adding an additional 19 cents to a gallon of gas will cost them money instead of raising money, because many folks will just not drive as much if gas were less expensive.

Yeah, to fix our crumbling roads right? I've seen that dog & pony show before--never happened!

Ed (another Michigander)

Reactions: KazooGuy
I know none of you believe this but here are my thought on why Dish did what they did. When Dish made the switch to HD Free for 24 months they told me they did it for marketing reasons and that DirecTV was also doing the same thing. They said that it added more value to HD showing that customers really are saving $10 a month. I wasn't a fan of the change right away but I knew they were just trying something out for marketing purposes. Not for one second did I actually think that Dish was going to stick with the Free for 24 month promotion for more than two years and then start charging for HD. I knew that they would switch it back or come up with something new in order to market Free HD.

I'm trying to think of this from Dish's side and from a business point of view so I know some think I'm full of crap. Most people just think Dish was doing it to squeeze more money out of people after two years. Like this was some king of sneaky way to get more money out of customers with more made up fees. It's obviously some kind of conspiracy. ;)

Reactions: ChadT41
I know none of you believe this but here are my thought on why Dish did what they did. When Dish made the switch to HD Free for 24 months they told me they did it for marketing reasons and that DirecTV was also doing the same thing. They said that it added more value to HD showing that customers really are saving $10 a month. I wasn't a fan of the change right away but I knew they were just trying something out for marketing purposes. Not for one second did I actually think that Dish was going to stick with the Free for 24 month promotion for more than two years and then start charging for HD. I knew that they would switch it back or come up with something new in order to market Free HD.

I'm trying to think of this from Dish's side and from a business point of view so I know some think I'm full of crap. Most people just think Dish was doing it to squeeze more money out of people after two years. Like this was some king of sneaky way to get more money out of customers with more made up fees. It's obviously some kind of conspiracy. ;)
I remember that conversation 2 years ago, and you are right, Sherrman. You were right up front with your thoughts then and I agreed with it...

Reactions: ChadT41
Yeah, to fix our crumbling roads right? I've seen that dog & pony show before--never happened!

Ed (another Michigander)
Yes, in Texas we haven't had any tax increases on our gas tax since 1991. The west Texas oilfields are generating so much heavy traffic on the roads they are tearing them up. That is why in west Texas, they are now turning the paved farm roads back into gravel. They are also reducing the speeds because you can't drive as fast on gravel. The traffic has increased a whole lot in the 2nd most populous state in the union in the last 20 years. Without any infrastructure maintenance the future for business isn't looking good. You have to spend $$$ to make $$$$.

Gas prices has been proven to not really adjust the overall average driving. I mean, you may be swayed not to go on a vacation, but you're gonna drive the same amount to get to work and back. They may collect on sales tax or any other taxes and registration if it pushes people to edge towards getting more economical cars, especially if they buy new. Raising gas tax typically is beneficial, but double is pretty friggin high for an increase. Adding on say 3-6 cents per gallon would be a profitable increase for them.
We (Michigan) also pay sales tax on each gallon as well. Once the gas tax is implemented we will have the highest taxes on a gallon of gas in the Nation!

That really sucks. Yea, my post was as a country statistic and the GDP and NDP. Gas prices overall do no overly affect the sale of gas negatively. It's relied upon to heavily for everyday situations. Besides, even if it did, that's a good thing, if people are driving more economically, or using alternative methods, it fits the "save the world" and will help with the smog problems(here in Phx the smog is terrible).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts