2000 hours of shows commercial.

That commercial is misleading you couldn't possibly have 2000 hours of shows without running low on space
If there were mostly HD recordings, maybe on SD you could, but if it were mainly 2 hour movies or sports then it will fill up real quick,

it would depend on longevity of the show, and knowing how long these PT shows last nowadays(unless on PTAT) I highly doubt that you get that much, plus you don't get the full advertised 2tb anyway

But I shouldn't take this commercial literally as it's all marketing, just like Directv or any other ones.

If you recorded 2000 SD shows I have no doubt you could fit that on a Hopper and probably have some room left over.

2,000 HD shows on a Hopper... no way. But the ad doesn't say that it just says 2,000 shows.

If you need 2,000hr (~12 weeks 24/7) of PVR recordings you need to get out of the house and maybe talk to a girl that isn't related to you. If you can't bring yourself to erase anything and have every single recording you ever made on a device, you belong on that Hoarders show which is probably on your PVR already. :biggrin2

If you need 2,000hr (~12 weeks 24/7) of PVR recordings you need to get out of the house and maybe talk to a girl that isn't related to you. If you can't bring yourself to erase anything and have every single recording you ever made on a device, you belong on that Hoarders show which is probably on your PVR already. :biggrin2
My issue is the entitled kid, if any of my daughters pulled this crap not being able to record tv shows well that would be the last thing they wold be worrying about.They would be grounded for months until their attitude got fixed.

Reactions: dishcomm
I've had over 900 recordings on just one of my Hoppers and those shows range from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A little less than half are SD cartoons for my son but the rest are HD shows and movies that my wife and I watch. That's easily 2,000 hours. Don't forget about the PTAT recordings as well.

I would be afraid that the Hopper would crash and I would lose all the recordings.

2,000 1 hour shows equals 7 hours per day for almost a year or 3 months of straight recording, in SD of course.

I would be afraid that the Hopper would crash and I would lose all the recordings.

2,000 1 hour shows equals 7 hours per day for almost a year or 3 months of straight recording, in SD of course.

That's why it's nice to have two Hoppers and EHDs. It's smart to transfer your favorite shows over to an EHD every so often.

The 2,000 hours ad is kinda misleading in a way. That is with SD and most are going to record in HD if they have a hopper.

It's australian. It's the chick from BridesMaid. The fat chick roommate. I can't remember what else she plays in, but is annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)