2000 hours of shows commercial.

I block my kids favorite channels until I know they finish their homework, now that's parenting
and if they yell, all I have to say is Don't make me go over there.

I let my daughter watch whatever she wanted... with the stipulation that there would be penalties if she screwed up in some way? She's almost 16 and as a doting parent I could go on for hours about how cool she is, but I can say to her, "You should take out the trash" (or whatever the chore is) and she says, "Okay, is there anything else to do?" I never spanked her after 5 years old (it's a psychology thing that you just raise a pissed-off kid, hitting them after that age. I'm a perfect example of that one!), never made any of those stupid punitive things our parents did (You're grounded for a month!). I just made her realize that you can do whatever the hell you want to do, but it's going to cost you somewhere in life? TV just isn't the be-all, end-all. ;)

In my house you have to make their lives miserable to some extent, that's how they learn in life
of course I don't go overboard, but I do make them(I have 2 boys 9 and 13) do chores, nothing big
Then they can watch TV, they're just too glued to the TV, thankfully not like in the commercial where they'll have a fit

I never spank my kids either I just scare them with words, or just the expression in my face.

Of course I buy them what they like or take them out to the movies or whatever, I just like doing stuff with my kids that my dad couldn't do when I was young, because of work, I work 12 hour shift but doesn't mean I can't have fun with them
But I do have his parental mentality when it comes to discipline.

I wonder what you did before she turned 6 Just kidding :biggrin
Sorry I've read too much into that statement.

Oh I beat the daylights out of her, she'll be in therapy until she's 60! Just kidding of course, her mom and I still freak out that we managed to raise a good kid somehow? Now we're just heading into boy-trouble territory, sooo...

I'm prepared to talk to them about relationship and marriage, but when they're older I'll talk to them about sex
but not go too graphic :) At least hoping that they'll make good decisions in the future
But who knows if I'll be around by the time they grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts