2000 hours of shows commercial.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I block my kids favorite channels until I know they finish their homework, now that's parenting
and if they yell, all I have to say is Don't make me go over there.

I let my daughter watch whatever she wanted... with the stipulation that there would be penalties if she screwed up in some way? She's almost 16 and as a doting parent I could go on for hours about how cool she is, but I can say to her, "You should take out the trash" (or whatever the chore is) and she says, "Okay, is there anything else to do?" I never spanked her after 5 years old (it's a psychology thing that you just raise a pissed-off kid, hitting them after that age. I'm a perfect example of that one!), never made any of those stupid punitive things our parents did (You're grounded for a month!). I just made her realize that you can do whatever the hell you want to do, but it's going to cost you somewhere in life? TV just isn't the be-all, end-all. ;)

In my house you have to make their lives miserable to some extent, that's how they learn in life
of course I don't go overboard, but I do make them(I have 2 boys 9 and 13) do chores, nothing big
Then they can watch TV, they're just too glued to the TV, thankfully not like in the commercial where they'll have a fit

I never spank my kids either I just scare them with words, or just the expression in my face.

Of course I buy them what they like or take them out to the movies or whatever, I just like doing stuff with my kids that my dad couldn't do when I was young, because of work, I work 12 hour shift but doesn't mean I can't have fun with them
But I do have his parental mentality when it comes to discipline.

I wonder what you did before she turned 6 Just kidding :biggrin
Sorry I've read too much into that statement.

Oh I beat the daylights out of her, she'll be in therapy until she's 60! Just kidding of course, her mom and I still freak out that we managed to raise a good kid somehow? Now we're just heading into boy-trouble territory, sooo...

I'm prepared to talk to them about relationship and marriage, but when they're older I'll talk to them about sex
but not go too graphic :) At least hoping that they'll make good decisions in the future
But who knows if I'll be around by the time they grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts