Free Insall May Not Be Free!

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I just got Verizon's "TriplePlay" package (Internet (15M/2M), phone, cable) installed today ($109.99/month). I have been quite happy with everything, except for one thing. When the installer arrived he said he would have to reuse existing wiring, since that was what was included in the "free install".

After a bit of arguing it was clear he had no authority here, nor did his field supervisor.

I told them to go ahead and put in 2 new drops (one of which split of the Internet access point a bit earlier to put it in the right place, but he only counted that as a single install. I did not want them hijacking my redistribution wiring, nor the existing Dish wiring (though that will probably be irrelevant shortly).

We will argue with the business office, but this incident marred what was otherwise a great experience.

The Internet speed tested out fast (I either got 15 M down or 12.5 M down, I couldn't quite understand the speed test results. Either way I am at least 4 to 5 times faster than my former 3 M (really 2.5 M) down speed.

The cable channels come through nice and clear, with almost too much variety. Though I miss the ability to have multiple favorites lists I have with my 522 receivers.

I would do it again, though I am still annoyed about the install/wriing charge we will have to try and fight.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)