FREE installs from the HSP or MSP networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
some items to consider if you opted for a FREE install via the HSP/MSP networks.
the pre call: the HSP/MSP will call you to confirm the date and time you selected fits with your AND their schedules. remember you are not the only install they have that day
you SHOULD be given a call back # and if POSSIBLE, the techs name and #. if not wait for the tech himself to call you the evening before the install/ up-grade. get a window he will show ( and 130 pm) aint gonna happen. we are working the same as you are , an AM install i can show anytime from 7 am until noon, a PM i can show anytime from noon until 5 pm.....BE THERE at all hours. and for your info, i can show for an AM install at 11:55 am and still be ok with scheduling at directv, hell, comcrap gives a day for the install.
when the tech calls, get his cell # , we are required to have one. ask....do you have the eq? what is the approximate time you will be here? (you still CANT hold him to it , unless you are scheduled for 1st am, as that is THE ONLY GUARANTEED APPT!!!)
when the tech shows up, for gods sake DONT TELL HIM how YOU want it done, its a FREE install, you are getting it HSP/MSP way. PERIOD.
if you want a bunch of ATTIC CRAWLS, POLE MOUNTS, WALL FISHING/PLATES, PHONE LINES RUN or SLAVE LINES.......YOU WILL PAY......CASH. these ARE NOT included in a FREE install. one more thing, you wouldnt DARE think the GAS co, the ELECTRIC co or the PHONE co would move their meters, or overhead lines .....unless you paid extra for it? WHY do you expect it from the sat provider??
when the tech shows up, he should have a work order in his hand,if he doesnt, tell him to move on and call the install company. the W/O should have your phone #, address, # of IRDS and your pending acc #
once the install is done, do not let him leave until HE calls directv and all your IRDS are active, have him check EVERY one while HE is on the phone with the CSR at directv, check local, total choice AND the premiums on all active IRDS , if all arent active, DO NOT SIGN HIS W/O
ask who to call in case of problems, HIM?,,,THE HSP/MSP?,,,,DIRECTV. he should have written , on the owners manual, your directv acc #, directv phone #,, HIS phone #
i can just hear the techs hating me and the subs the same.
please post back.

Wow, what a Great Write-Up!!! The only thing that I would add to Dragon's notes:

1. Order the System from your Local Dealer, because they want to give you "Great Customer Service"

2. Make sure that you have the Tech show you where and how he grounded your System, because your life depends on it.

3. Ho Ho Ho, and a Merry Christmas to all!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)