FREE ITVN / XTV Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
jgantert said:
Just to clarify from the small print...

"The hardware for the ITVN system (valued at $99.95) remains property of ITVN and is considered a free lease which must be returned upon cancellation of service."

Not to say that's a bad thing (if you cancel, you won't need the box!).
-John
I emailed them and asked about this. You're correct if you get the free lease.
If you pay the $99, the box is yours. You can then turn the service off and on on a monthly basis, without returning the unit. This is how it was explained to me.
May be a better option for some people.

I was able to get xtv box and it arrived today by Fedex. Very easy to set up. I have a 65" Mits, so don't put it on a large screen. Too many pixels. Works great on a standard 27" TV. Plus it has plenty of different stuff for everyone.

No I didn't. I'll try it and see what happens. But some "things" just don't look to appealing on a large screen. The smaller TV is in the bedroom and works very well in there. Wife was watching with me and gave luke warm approval. She wants to view more to make a honest appraisal. Day 2 of 15.

Tobar said:
No I didn't. I'll try it and see what happens. But some "things" just don't look to appealing on a large screen. The smaller TV is in the bedroom and works very well in there. Wife was watching with me and gave luke warm approval. She wants to view more to make a honest appraisal. Day 2 of 15.

May have to talk the wife in to putting a tv in the bedroom and get one of this systems. But still not for sure if she would watch it.

Plus have to keep it away from my son(4).

Later,

BigJohn2

I should note on the adult side of things there are a few parental controls in there to keep prying eyes out. :)

Click on the link and if it shows yu the SatelliteGuys logo then yes there are still some available. :)

a Bit unsure how this set up works, does it run with a cable modem, so where every your TV is, you computer has to be close by?????

RUns great with a cable modem. You dont need a computer close by, you just need to run a network cable to the TV you want to watch the service on. :)

Here's my setup.

Cable Modem -> Router 4 port Wireless -> Computer

XTV & Xbox -> 5 port switch -> Wireless Game Adapter

Pretty cool, two seperate networks bridged wirelessly. :) I have only had a few problems maintaining a stream to the XTV box. Particualarly on MavTV. For some reason, that channel always drops out at max bitrate (about 1Mbps), but at 700kbps its ok. I don't have any problems with other channels (even ones that run at a higher bit rate).

Oh, and my setup was a bear. I had to hook up the XTV box wired into the router first. Let the router find the MAC address of "UNKNOWN DEVICE". Then in the router LAN settings, assign a reserved address for that device. Then forward ports 554 and 80 to that reserved IP address. Then in the wireless settings, add the MAC address to the wireless access list.

Most installs will go much easier, but I have a lot of security on my connection since I run a server most of the day, and dont want anyone hacking in.

-John

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hows the picture?

Pretty good picture (S-Video on a 52" widescreen HDTV -- usually zoomed to 14:9). Some channels are noticably more pixelated / soft than others like the Spring Break channel. And some (like the European channels) actually broadcast 16:9 squeezed to 4:3 and look really nice when the TV is set to 16:9 stretch.

Best quality is in the P0rnholio mode, tho. It's common to see 2Mbps there.

-John

Wanna try xtv but.....

I am unsure of the hook and equipment requirement. I currently have 3.0 down using dsl. I am going the cable High speed, with a 6.0 down. I have a wireless router but it a couple years old using 802.11b technology.

My question, if I purchased a wireless game adapter, would my router be adequate or will I need to update my router as well?

Get what you can afford, but I recommend the Dlink DI-624 or 624M and the DWL-G820. You will be happier with this setup as opposed to the 11b gear.

So how many of you guys got in on this deal? And without getting graphic what do YOU think of the service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)