Free locals for former Top 50 subscribers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

siberia37

Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
This question has probably been answered before but I can't find it:

When I signed my contract I signed for the Top 50 with no locals. My wife recently said she saw a commercial saying we could get locals for no extra cost but a new satellite Dish might be needed. So my question is- is it true that we can get locals for free and what are the chances that we would need another satellite? I know DISH subscribers in my area who get locals and have only one satellite dish would it be any different for me? Do I just have to call Customer Service and let them know we would like locals or what?

siberia37 said:
This question has probably been answered before but I can't find it:

When I signed my contract I signed for the Top 50 with no locals. My wife recently said she saw a commercial saying we could get locals for no extra cost but a new satellite Dish might be needed. So my question is- is it true that we can get locals for free and what are the chances that we would need another satellite? I know DISH subscribers in my area who get locals and have only one satellite dish would it be any different for me? Do I just have to call Customer Service and let them know we would like locals or what?
marketing bs..they cahrge you 30 bucks for at60 with that plan
:shocked

locals are 5.99 alacarte

The commercial is probably Top60 (use to be top 50) and locals for 29.99. They make it sound like you don't pay for locals (but in essence you do..top60 & locals for 29.99..top 60 for 24.99)

The new dish would be Superdish, which is larger than your Dish500. What locals would you qualify for? Most major cities you can use the existing dish.

Iceberg said:
locals are 5.99 alacarte

The commercial is probably Top60 (use to be top 50) and locals for 29.99. They make it sound like you don't pay for locals (but in essence you do..top60 & locals for 29.99..top 60 for 24.99)

The new dish would be Superdish, which is larger than your Dish500. What locals would you qualify for? Most major cities you can use the existing dish.

Thanks- that clears things up. I would probably qualify for a local CBS,NBC and ABC affiliate along with FOX. I am in a semi-rural area so hopefully existing dish would work if I ever decided to spend another $6 a month.

It should

Being rural doesnt matter (I'm over 100 miles from the towers). It all is what you qualify for.

Best thing to do is go HERE and put in your address. It tells you what you qualify for and whether or not a SuperDish is needed.

I would be willing to be she saw an ad for Dish Networks DHA promotion where locals are included with the packages. (And because the ad is generic it says something like "Additional hardware may be required to receive local stations")

Free locals in DHA are not really free, the cost of locals is built into the package price. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)