Free Premium Channels Expired

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
I see my free premium channels for 3 months has come to an end. Has anybody been able to get any new offers?:confused:

If you try to remove them online, at dish.com, you might get another 3 month offer.

At least that worked for me back in August.

Try doing a chat with Dish.

I've been seeing some ads and other indications that you can get at least some of the premiums for $5 off for 6 months, but a nice chat session might get you something better.

Worse case it takes a few moments and they won't do anything.
?

It does not hurt to ask if there are any available offers. The CSR may tell you no. You may also try CSR roulette, and another CSR may make you an offer or even some offers. I am always surprised at the offers from some CSRs as they may offer more than one. If that fails and you feel like you may be eligible for one if you have not had an offer in a while, you may asked to be transferred to the Loyalty Department especially if you are out of contract. Usually, the Loyalty Department will try to work with you to keep you as a customer.

Mine just ran out as well. I did a chat session, asked for showtime for free for 3 months, they countered with $5 off a month (same as the promo running on the tv). I took it. Ill cancel once homeland is over.

I would agree with the above posts, Dish had been really good with 1/2 of premiums/multisport

Do they offer discounts on HBO? I remember a while back years ago I would try to do that for my parents and they never, ever, gaver discuonts on HBO.

Just for info.

Today I looked at my Dish account and the 1/2 price for 6 month offer for Cinemax had expired. So it was now showing at $13/month in 'my programming'.

I deleted Cinemax and when I 'submitted' the change, the offer for another 6 months at 1/2 off came up for me to select, which I did.

No chat, no phone call, just web work. So the 1/2 off deals are still there for some at least, might be there for all.
?

Just did an online chat and they gave me cinemax & starz free for 3 more months.:D Never hurts to ask.

I haven't had a deal in my box since Half off HBO a while ago. I just have the "kick you in the shins for 4 premiums" offer. Which is fine. The last HBO free preview gave access to On Demand, I streamed Game of Thrones and was able to watch them over a 30 day period, well after the preview. Premiums just come at such a premium these days, even when on a discount.
I'm happy to see that there are no "if you can't afford it ....." or "freeloaders ....." or similar comments in this thread. I guess we Dish subs are all really nice people. :)
The OP was asking about options, not complaining about not getting another offer after getting off of one. Hence, no need to whine about freeloaders. People should always test the waters to see what they can get. It is when they already just got something and then bitch about how evil Dish is for not extending that creates the wrath against the freeloader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts