Swapping a legacy to DishPro lnb in a single Dish

orlyPR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
caribbean
Hy to All!; if i swap a LNB (legacy to DishPro) in a legacy Dish (not Skew) only a single orbital slot, is work or need to make adjustment to the dish? or base? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
I have swapped a legacy twin for a DishPro twin without issue. I presume you could swap a legacy dual for a DishPro dual with the same success, assuming your receiver knows how to deal with DishPro LNBs.

I have swapped a legacy twin for a DishPro twin without issue. I presume you could swap a legacy dual for a DishPro dual with the same success, assuming your receiver knows how to deal with DishPro LNBs.

I have a Dish VIP211, But when i fine tunning, i use a SATLINK WS-6906, May be the satfinder not deal with the new DishPro LNB?

The 211 is definitely a DishPro receiver, so you should be good. I see no reason for the use of meters (I didn't use one) when swapping out LNBs. Just don't do anything to knock the dish out of alignment, and it should remain the same. Do a check switch and you're done.

I have 110/119 & 118 setup here in PR.

119/110 are with new smaller dish & 118 is coming with a bigger dish which is pointed like legacy dish unlike the newer smaller dish

Attaching the pics I just took for the setup. Can't send you the pics in the pm through phone. Hope is helpful to you in getting 118 sat down here in PR

Attachments

• image-388671882.jpg
    image-388671882.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 183
  • image-369194637.jpg
    image-369194637.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 169
  • image-2436632723.jpg
    image-2436632723.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
  • image-1928624543.jpg
    image-1928624543.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 151
Wow. Looking at your pics, I'm rather astonished that the bigger dish is actually pointing in the same direction as the smaller dish! If I understand what I'm looking at, you are picking up 110/119 on the smaller, and 118 on the bigger.

Thanks for the PIC!, I see that the special LNB 118 is moved to the right, because no space between the lnb base and dish arm (left side). When i install, there a space in both side, like in the right side of the 3rd photo.
which brand is the large Dish?

Wow. Looking at your pics, I'm rather astonished that the bigger dish is actually pointing in the same direction as the smaller dish! If I understand what I'm looking at, you are picking up 110/119 on the smaller, and 118 on the bigger.
I understand that Dish 500 in PR are by reflect in both orbital, not direct?
?

Thanks for the PIC!, I see that the special LNB 118 is moved to the right, because no space between the lnb base and dish arm (left side). When i install, there a space in both side, like in the right side of the 3rd photo.
which brand is the large Dish?

Post a pic of the setup with the lnb you are setting up. The brand I don't know. I guess is standard dish that I got with legacy installation. There was 2 before but after new smaller dish pro installation I removed one.

I understand that Dish 500 in PR are by reflect in both orbital, not direct?
?

Well, yes! The dish is the reflector, and the LNB points at the dish, not directly at the satellite. Offset feed and skew make it look to the eye that it's not even pointing in the right direction, yet it is.

Post a pic of the setup with the lnb you are setting up. The brand I don't know. I guess is standard dish that I got with legacy installation. There was 2 before but after new smaller dish pro installation I removed one.

The legacy dish was used in the past? If see the installation process, you see if the tech make any adjustment?
I find in other site that sometime need adjustment (but no always)

If you try to put the 119 input in the 118 system, maybe gain more signal?

This is other reason to setup in my 4' dish, because the 30" are small, some people say me that are problem is rain days.

If today up to the roof of my house i take pic about this.

Last edited:

This is other reason to setup in my 4" dish, because the 30" are small, some people say me that are problem is rain days.

I think you mean to say "119 output" from the combo LNB. Yes, that should improve the signal for 119 because of the bigger dish. I also think you mean to say 40", and not 4".

The legacy dish was used in the past? If see the installation process, you see if the tech make any adjustment?
I find in other site that sometime need adjustment (but no always)

This is other reason to setup in my 4" dish, because the 30" are small, some people say me that are problem is rain days.

If today up to the roof of my house i take pic about this.

The reason I leave the 119 output blank..or didnt put another LNB for 110 (as you can see from the pic....it has that provision)..is that IMO the signal I get from the smaller dish is better....atleast for me....but I have to leave that 4 foot dish for 118 as smaller dish cant receive 118 in PR. I never checked the signal level with Dish pro LNB with bigger dish (my experice is based on legacy lnbs...so dont know if that make a differece). Even the installer told me that smaller dish hold on to the signal longer then the older legacy dishes (maybe one of the reasons being as I have seen with my dish is during rain & wind...the bigger dish is moving or shaking a bit...whereas the smaller one dont)

In my installion of the 118 LNB....its holding together to the arm with 1 screw from the bottom....& the LNB fitted the arm properly without any adjustment.

My neighborhood tell me that HD channel come late after raining. First come SD, and the couple second after the HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts