Free Previews and Free Channels (Covid-19 Response)

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan

AT&T giving free channels and previews across all platforms to increase entertainment options due to Covid-19:
  • SHOWTIME: 3/21-3/26
  • STARZ: 3/26-4/2
  • EPIX: 4/2-4/16
  • HBO: 4/17-4/20

• More News & Entertainment: We’re adding the following channels to DIRECTV and U-verse packages (for customers that do not currently have this programming) to keep customers entertained and informed:
    • News: BBC World News , CNBC, CNN, CNN International, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, One America News Network
    • Entertainment: American Heroes, Aspire, AWE, AXS TV, Comedy.TV, Cooking Channel, Crime & Investigation, Destination America, Discovery Life, DIY Network, Eleven Sports, FM, Fuse, FX Movie Channel, fyi, Great American Country, GSN, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDNET MOVIES, IFC, Justice Central, LMN, MGM HD, MTV Live, Nat Geo WILD, OWN, Oxygen, Science Channel, ShortsTV, Smithsonian Channel, Sony Movie Channel, SundanceTV, The Weather Channel, Travel Channel, TV One, UPtv, WGN America
    • Kids: Discovery Family, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Nick Jr., Universal Kids

Will I agree and appreciate them .... you would have thought they would have turned them all on, not just a week at a time.

I don’t agree looking at it from a corporation standpoint. ATT, like other companies are getting hard hits these days, by doling this out a week at a time with an ad that tells about, it keeps their company name in the public eye so that when all this finally dies down people will remember them and what they did.

Other companies are doing things to keep their names out there too. This is just a trying time for everyone.

We have the Ultimate Pkg and will add the Movie Channels, when each becomes due.
Thank you jr..... for the info. We do have Netflix and Prime.
Yes, it is nice that these movie channels will be available to everyone. I don't always check the screen messages for what is going on or offered.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice NEWSMIX on Ch 200? I don’t recall seeing that before ... no idea if it just appeared, or if I never noticed it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thanks. I feel like this is something that existed in the past, but was discontinued. Guess they revived it due to current events.

Thanks. I feel like this is something that existed in the past, but was discontinued. Guess they revived it due to current events.

Channel 200 and 201 were previously active for Movie previews and maybe learning how things work on your D* equipment ... many years ago.

Reactions: videojanitor
Well I am using the guide to see what Showtime Movies I will record or not over the free period. Same applies to STARZ...etc. I do the guide for the following day showings and set to record.

The other day, AMCHD had all 4 Hunger games going in succession. Never watched that. I had recorded in the past but never watched.

I am loading up on movie recordings. lol To watch in between, over the next couple months.

were on the premier package with epix. though it's great to see AT&T doing something that would benefit the consumer during this time!!! though i also agree with marcingak that alot of people will be mad once they go away!!!

MORE FREE PREVIEWS:

AT&T said that effective Thursday it will begin offering free premium channel content to DireTV, U-Verse, AT&T TV and AT&T TV Now subscribers.
The offer starts Thursday with Starz (only to DirecTV and U-Verse subscribers).
On March 2, subscribers will get Epix through April 16.
On April 16 through April 20, they’ll get HBO and Cinemax.

Since I can't edit my OP above...the Epix freeview doesn't start until April 4th. HBO/MAX freeview doesn't start until April 17th.
Article with the supposedly the correct dates:

• Love
Reactions: whitewolf8214

AT&T giving free channels and previews across all platforms to increase entertainment options due to Covid-19:
  • SHOWTIME: 3/21-3/26
  • STARZ: 3/26-4/2
  • EPIX: 4/2-4/16
  • HBO: 4/17-4/20

• More News & Entertainment: We’re adding the following channels to DIRECTV and U-verse packages (for customers that do not currently have this programming) to keep customers entertained and informed:
    • News: BBC World News , CNBC, CNN, CNN International, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, One America News Network
    • Entertainment: American Heroes, Aspire, AWE, AXS TV, Comedy.TV, Cooking Channel, Crime & Investigation, Destination America, Discovery Life, DIY Network, Eleven Sports, FM, Fuse, FX Movie Channel, fyi, Great American Country, GSN, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDNET MOVIES, IFC, Justice Central, LMN, MGM HD, MTV Live, Nat Geo WILD, OWN, Oxygen, Science Channel, ShortsTV, Smithsonian Channel, Sony Movie Channel, SundanceTV, The Weather Channel, Travel Channel, TV One, UPtv, WGN America
    • Kids: Discovery Family, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Nick Jr., Universal Kids
My mother says the Epix free preview is over already? Anyone else still getting it? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts