Free Previews Discussion Thread - December 2020

Two more SiriusXM channels just got their "special" channel numbers turned on:
Channels Now Available
9789 SXM58 Sirius/XM Prime Country 119° TP 12 Audio Hidden – AVAILABLE
9789 SXM58 Sirius/XM Prime Country 72.7° TP 7 Audio Hidden – AVAILABLE
9791 SXM49 Sirius/XM Soul Town 119° TP 17 Audio Hidden – AVAILABLE
9791 SXM49 Sirius/XM Soul Town 72.7° TP 7 Audio Hidden –
AVAILABLE

There is still no free preview of the holiday music channels (other than the channels that are free all of the time).

The above channels have now changed to their holiday themes. SiriusXM Prime Country is now Country Christmas, and SiriusXM Soul Town is now Holiday Soul.

In (related?) SiriusXM news...
What the heck is Dish doing now??? Not only are they not (yet?) doing free previews of all of the channels that are playing holiday music, they have now removed one of the SiriusXM channels from the Latino Bonus Pack that I am actually paying for!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Package Flag Change
6013 SXM13 Sirius/XM Velvet 119° TP 14 Audio – Package Flag Change 6 Tags Removed (2 total)
6013 SXM13 Sirius/XM Velvet 72.7° TP 7 Audio – Package Flag Change 6 Tags Removed (2 total)

(Sometimes I think that Dish makes these changes just to see if I am paying attention.) :(

Now, channel 6013 is red in the guide, and when I try to select channel 6013 from the guide I get a Programming Not Authorized 013 message. This is the only SiriusXM channel that is missing (so far). Is there now going to be more than one tier of SiriusXM music channels on Dish? Is Dish now reserving certain channels exclusively for AT250, like they do with the AUD music channels?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The above channels have now changed to their holiday themes. SiriusXM Prime Country is now Country Christmas, and SiriusXM Soul Town is now Holiday Soul.

What the heck is Dish doing now??? Not only are they not (yet?) doing free previews of all of the channels that are playing holiday music, they have now removed one of the SiriusXM channels from the Latino Bonus Pack that I am actually paying for!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Package Flag Change
6013 SXM13 Sirius/XM Velvet 119° TP 14 Audio – Package Flag Change 6 Tags Removed (2 total)
6013 SXM13 Sirius/XM Velvet 72.7° TP 7 Audio – Package Flag Change 6 Tags Removed (2 total)

(Sometimes I think that Dish makes these changes just to see if I am paying attention.) :(

Now, channel 6013 is red in the guide, and when I try to select channel 6013 from the guide I get a Programming Not Authorized 013 message. This is the only SiriusXM channel that is missing (so far). Is there now going to be more than one tier of SiriusXM music channels on Dish? Is Dish now reserving certain channels exclusively for AT250, like they do with the AUD music channels?
I'll just listen to my XM radio. :p :facepalm

I'll just listen to my XM radio. :p :facepalm
Of the channels that Dish has removed from my package lately, SiriusXM Velvet is the only one that is not available streaming elsewhere for free. Dish dropped NatureVision, but that streams for free on Peacock. Then, Dish dropped True Crime Network, but they have their own free streaming app. True Crime Network is also available over-the-air for free, whenever the atmospheric conditions feel like giving me a good enough quality signal to actually watch it.

Of the channels that Dish has removed from my package lately, SiriusXM Velvet is the only one that is not available streaming elsewhere for free. Dish dropped NatureVision, but that streams for free on Peacock. Then, Dish dropped True Crime Network, but they have their own free streaming app. True Crime Network is also available over-the-air for free, whenever the atmospheric conditions feel like giving me a good enough quality signal to actually watch it.
I only listen to a couple of stations but that's a conversation on the Sirius/XM thread. :)

Reactions: pattykay
Dates were posted today on mydish's free previews page, for the AMC+ preview (12/7 - 12/13 on channel 294) along with the following message:
"AMC+ is available on internet-connected Wally and Hopper family receivers only"

Uh... no! I see channel 294 HD just fine on my non internet-connected ViP222k. Unless they mean that it is only on that channel for the free preview, and to subscribe to their subscription VOD AMC+ service after that, you would need an internet-connected Wally or Hopper.

Okay, after clicking the link in that message on the mydish site, it gives a little more details about AMC+
"Must subscribe to Flex Pack, Latino Dos, Latino Max, America's Top 120 or above."

That is, to subscribe to AMC+ you would have to have one of those packages. Obviously, you do not need any of those packages to get the free preview.

Since I have been keeping track of the free holiday music channels, I thought I would mention that the Multi-View on channel 100 (Hopper or Wally receivers) will let you listen to CD13, Traditional Holidays, for free. When it is highlighted, the box says "Press Select to Upgrade" but the music plays just fine without a subscription to the DishCD channels.

From the discussion (which will soon be reported!) in the No Discussion thread:
Unannounced Epix free preview just started today, including channels 292, and 380 through 382.

Yeah I noticed that when I was guide surfing this morning and saw the drive-in channel was on my guide. Any idea on an ending date?
No, my usual resources are coming up dry on that one. Mydish's Free Previews does not list it. Channel 103 SD not only does not list the Epix preview, it also does not list the AMC+ preview that started earlier this week. That channel still only lists the month-long previews. As soon as I see a date for the Epix preview, I'll post it in the No Discussion thread.

• Wow

No, my usual resources are coming up dry on that one. Mydish's Free Previews does not list it. Channel 103 SD not only does not list the Epix preview, it also does not list the AMC+ preview that started earlier this week. That channel still only lists the month-long previews. As soon as I see a date for the Epix preview, I'll post it in the No Discussion thread.
Thanks! :) I'll keep an eye out too sometimes the guide banners will pop up with an ad and have dates in them

Thanks! :) I'll keep an eye out too sometimes the guide banners will pop up with an ad and have dates in them
Thanks! You did have a valid question, which is why I quoted your post to move it here to the appropriate thread. I didn't mean to give you a hard time, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. If you see the dates before I do, feel free to post that info in the No Discussion thread. We are simply trying to keep any other comments there to a minimum, since there were complaints about discussion in the really old Free Previews thread, before I started posting these monthly threads.

Reactions: DJ Lon
Thanks! You did have a valid question, which is why I quoted your post to move it here to the appropriate thread. I didn't mean to give you a hard time, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. If you see the dates before I do, feel free to post that info in the No Discussion thread. We are simply trying to keep any other comments there to a minimum, since there were complaints about discussion in the really old Free Previews thread, before I started posting these monthly threads.
I guess my coffee wasn't working that day. Mea culpa

Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 12/3/20 at 4:04pm ET (v23) – 2 changes seen Package Flag Change

The mystery deepens. SiriusXM Velvet (SXM13) does not appear in Dish's Compare Packages tool, either. So, not even the America's Top packages get this channel now. Yet, it still appears in red in my guide, so Dish still carries it. Exactly what package(s) still include this channel? Would I seriously (see what I did there?) have to add the $6 SiriusXM add-on package for just this one channel?

The mystery deepens. SiriusXM Velvet (SXM13) does not appear in Dish's Compare Packages tool, either. So, not even the America's Top packages get this channel now. Yet, it still appears in red in my guide, so Dish still carries it. Exactly what package(s) still include this channel? Would I seriously (see what I did there?) have to add the $6 SiriusXM add-on package for just this one channel?
Looking at the Uplink Activity Center I see that SXM 13 is Limited Availability. So, not necessarily in any package per se but maybe Charlie likes it... :)

Looking at the Uplink Activity Center I see that SXM 13 is Limited Availability. So, not necessarily in any package per se but maybe Charlie likes it... :)
Well, until 10 days ago, it had been included in my package along with the rest of the SiriusXM channels. I still wonder why it was dropped from the package.

The Epix preview ended this morning, not that it was ever listed on mydish in the first place. So, I don't expect it to show up under Past Free Previews, either. They did the same thing with last month's Starz and StarzEncore preview. In fact, mydish still lists AMC+ as a "Current" Free Preview, even though that one ended on Sunday 12/13.

In fact, mydish still lists AMC+ as a "Current" Free Preview, even though that one ended on Sunday 12/13.
AMC+ is now officially a "Past Free Preview." ;)

SiriusXM The Message has now had its "special" channel number 9792 turned on. That only leaves two more SiriusXM channels (Coffee House and Symphony Hall) that are in free preview, but have not had their holiday mapping channels turned on yet.

AMC+ is now officially a "Past Free Preview." ;)

SiriusXM The Message has now had its "special" channel number 9792 turned on. That only leaves two more SiriusXM channels (Coffee House and Symphony Hall) that are in free preview, but have not had their holiday mapping channels turned on yet.

Except for one movie, I never saw anything on AMC+ I wanted. I remember the day back in the 80s, when AMC carried many old films without ads, much like TCM. It was a favorite by many older people. Thank goodness we still have TCM.

Except for one movie, I never saw anything on AMC+ I wanted. I remember the day back in the 80s, when AMC carried many old films without ads, much like TCM. It was a favorite by many older people. Thank goodness we still have TCM.
For me, I noticed during the free preview that AMC+ On Demand has a whole bunch of Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes. I can stream those for free on Pluto TV, though. In fact, Pluto TV has a lot of AMC's content on it, all for free, all of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts