Free Previews Discussion Thread - July 2020

Yup, I noticed the Fox Business channel today also.

Looking at the TV Guide, it turns green next Thursday on the SD version.

So looks like the free preview is through next Wednesday, July 15.

Reactions: pattykay
Yup, I noticed the Fox Business channel today also.

Looking at the TV Guide, it turns green next Thursday on the SD version.

So looks like the free preview is through next Wednesday, July 15.
Thanks. If I see anything official from Dish, I will include that date on my No Discussion list. For purposes of my list, I rely on the dates shown on the Free Previews page on the mydish site: Free Channel Previews | MyDISH

I noticed that there is a discrepancy in the dates shown there for some of the previews, compared to the dates shown on channel 103 (SD) the last time I checked it. The channel 103 list also includes dates for OWN, which is not listed as a current preview on the mydish site, so I did not include those dates, either. The mydish site is also still showing Sundance as a "current" free preview, even though that one ended a couple of days ago. So, hopefully Dish will be updating their site soon.

Perhaps the person responsible for channel 103 SD can't update it from their home ;)
Well, since I can update this listing from my home, I will point out the differences here:

Channel 103 SD shows Ride TV, Grit, and Me TV all lasting through 8/4, instead of 7/31 as the mydish site says.​
103 SD lists OWN as lasting through 7/31, while mydish only shows it as a past preview, not a current one.​
Mydish still lists Sundance as a current preview, even though it also shows that preview ending on 7/5.​
Neither channel 103 SD nor mydish show the newly-added Fox Business preview.​

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Well, since I can update this listing from my home, I will point out the differences here:

Channel 103 SD shows Ride TV, Grit, and Me TV all lasting through 8/4, instead of 7/31 as the mydish site says.​
103 SD lists OWN as lasting through 7/31, while mydish only shows it as a past preview, not a current one.​
Mydish still lists Sundance as a current preview, even though it also shows that preview ending on 7/5.​
Neither channel 103 SD nor mydish show the newly-added Fox Business preview.​
Mydish's Free Previews page was finally updated today. Sundance was moved down to the Past Previews section, and a whole bunch of older previews were removed from that section. OWN is still only shown in the Past Previews section, and none of the other discrepancies that I pointed out above have been changed, either.

Sundance is still active in the guide through 2 more weeks on my 722k with flex pack. Maybe there will be a change in the uplink report for today.

Sundance is still active in the guide through 2 more weeks on my 722k with flex pack. Maybe there will be a change in the uplink report for today.
That is interesting. There was a thread started recently by someone with Welcome Pack who lost Sundance. I also verified that I am not receiving Sundance with my International Basic package. So, the preview definitely ended. Maybe Sundance was actually added to Flex Pack as part of Dish's new deal with AMC Networks. Either that, or this is some kind of mistake either with just your account, or with every account that has Flex Pack. :shh

When these previews begin and end, the uplink reports usually don't specify the change as a "preview." Instead, they are listed as "Package Flag Changes." This leaves open the possibility that the channels may actually get moved into new packages at the end of a preview, and it would not look any different to the untrained eye than a regular preview ending when no changes to the regular package lineups are actually being made.

Mydish's Free Previews page was finally updated today. Sundance was moved down to the Past Previews section, and a whole bunch of older previews were removed from that section. OWN is still only shown in the Past Previews section, and none of the other discrepancies that I pointed out above have been changed, either.
Mydish was updated again today. OWN is now "officially" listed as 7/1 - 7/31. No other dates have changed.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I miss the fact that 103 SD doesn't say what package the channels are in anymore
It also no longer says when each preview started, it only lists the end date. So, if you stumble across this channel in the middle of a free preview, you would have no idea how much of the preview you have already missed. At least the mydish site still gives start and end dates for each preview. (Whether those dates are actually accurate is debatable.) I also do my best to give both the start and end dates for each preview in my list, whenever possible.

Reactions: worstman1
It also no longer says when each preview started, it only lists the end date. So, if you stumble across this channel in the middle of a free preview, you would have no idea how much of the preview you have already missed. At least the mydish site still gives start and end dates for each preview. (Whether those dates are actually accurate is debatable.) I also do my best to give both the start and end dates for each preview in my list, whenever possible.
That's what you're here for to inform us of any changes. Keep up the good work.:hail

• Love
Reactions: sktrus and pattykay
A couple of evenings ago I was watching television in the bedroom from the 4K Joey. It was later in the evening and I was scrolling through the channel guide and I couldn't find anything to watch. I selected 151 Dish Headlines Channel from the guide knowing this first brings up a multi channel mosaic of six channels categorized as Currently in Free Preview from the 4K Joey. The first channel in the upper left hand corner on this month's free preview is Great American Country. The show on Great American Country seemed interesting so I selected it. Great American Country is a channel I have never really and would never really watch because I don't like country music. In fact I have even deleted Great American Country from the guide for this reason. Either I was wrong about Great American Country being about country music or this channel has changed. Thanks to this free preview with the multi channel mosaic on the 4K Joey I have found a channel that I would want to watch. This is a surprise because I usually cannot find anything to watch on television these days.

Has Dish put the locals into free preview mode? I am picking up my locals even though I haven’t ordered them.

Seeing them for the first time via Dish makes me glad I get them OTA. Much better picture on them OTA, plus I get a slew of digital subchannels.

Reactions: TheKrell
Has Dish put the locals into free preview mode? ...
Not in my market (Cleveland, Ohio).
...I am picking up my locals even though I haven’t ordered them.
Which market are you in, and what base package do you subscribe to? Some packages (such as Welcome Pack) automatically include locals. Have you made any changes to your programming through the mydish website lately? If so, log into your account and check to make sure that you are not being charged for those locals. Sometimes, making an unrelated change on mydish can cause the $12 per month locals package to automatically be added to your account, even though you did not select it.

Not in my market (Cleveland, Ohio).

Which market are you in, and what base package do you subscribe to? Some packages (such as Welcome Pack) automatically include locals. Have you made any changes to your programming through the mydish website lately? If so, log into your account and check to make sure that you are not being charged for those locals. Sometimes, making an unrelated change on mydish can cause the $12 per month locals package to automatically be added to your account, even though you did not select it.
Yup, logged in and I am subscribed only to the base Flex Pack. Locals are not selected nor indicated for me.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)